Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwest7051
Level 7

Billing for “free” services.

I was billed 32$ for “7 days free”. What is this and why was I billed for it if it’s free?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Billing for “free” services.

Need more details. What service is being billed, and how is it being billed to you? Your post really doesn't give us anything to work with. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jwest7051
Level 7

Nor did the invoice give me any details. It simply says “7 days free” and hit my credit card.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

That sounds like you've been hit by some sort of scam. I would contest the charge with your credit card issuer, and make them defend the charge. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

@jwest7051  Thanks for reaching out. How does the charge appear exactly on your statement?

You can log into your Roku account at my.roku.com anytime to review any subscriptions you may have, or that someone may have started from a Roku device linked to your account. Once you log in, click 'Manage your subscriptions'. 

If you need more help with a Roku billing issue, you'll need to contact our support team directly via email here: https://support.roku.com/contactus

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
jwest7051
Level 7

Tanner, I was charged separately for my channel subscriptions, this was a vague invoice that simply said “7 Days Free” and charged me $32.85.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

@jwest7051 

For more assistance with any Roku-billed subscriptions, you'll need to contact our support team directly. You can reach them via email here: https://support.roku.com/contactus

In general, if you are seeing charges that you do not recognize or were unauthorized, we'd recommend contacting your financial institution to report the charges and request additional help. They can assist you with looking into the source of the charges and or take additional measures as needed. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos