Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrojasm

Billing Help Roku for Disney Electro

Jump to solution

I would like to know why I have a $32.54 charge for Roku for Disney Electro.

Please reverse this charge as I did not order anything.

Labels (1)
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Billing Help Roku for Disney Electro

Jump to solution

Hi @DustinR,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community! 

Please be aware that all Roku billed purchases and subscriptions can only be made through the Roku player.

In addition, have you verified that you currently do not have any active subscriptions by logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions?

1. Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.
  2. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account.
  3. Click on Manage your subscriptions.
  4. When the “My subscriptions” page loads, you will find all your channel subscriptions that get billed by Roku, along with the terms, status, and renewal date of each subscription. Subscriptions that were purchased directly from the service provider or otherwise purchased outside of the Roku Channel Store will not be listed here.
  5. Select Unsubscribe or Renew depending on how you want to manage your subscriptions.

I would highly recommend creating a Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account in the future. For more information about using a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How to create or update the PIN for your Roku account

For further assistance with account and billing-related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Eck1, no one here is going to reverse any charge.  This a forum where help is provided mostly by other users.  For billing questions you have to go to https://support.roku.com/contactus , but before you do check your subscriptions on your Roku account at https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions .

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Nevin2014,

Please be aware that all transactions from Roku appear with the company name ("Roku") on credit card and bank statements.

In addition, have you verified that you currently do not have any active subscriptions by logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions?

I would highly recommend creating a Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account in the future. For more information about using a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How to create, reset, find, or delete your PIN for your Roku account | Official Roku Support 

We also recommend that you course this through our Account, Payments & Subscription Support team here so they may be able to appropriately assist you with this matter.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @aoburnettejr,

You may unsubscribe from the channels from your TV or online account.

To cancel or unsubscribe from your Roku streaming device:

1. Press the Home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Highlight the channel you want to cancel
  3. Press the * button on Roku remote on your remote to open the options menu
  4. Select Manage subscription
  5. To unsubscribe, select Cancel subscription
  6. To confirm, select Cancel subscription
  7. Select Done

To cancel or unsubscribe from a mobile device or PC

1. Sign in to your Roku account
  2. Select Manage your subscriptions
  3. Select the channel or subscription under Active subscriptions
  4. Select Turn off auto-renew
  5. Choose a cancellation reason to complete the process and select Continue to cancel

Note: Subscriptions purchased directly from a service provider or otherwise purchased outside the Channel Store or The Roku Channel will not appear on the Subscriptions page. Contact your service provider directly with any subscription or billing questions.

You may also refer to this link: How to unsubscribe, cancel, or turn off auto-renew for a subscription | Roku

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku support.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
29 REPLIES 29
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@mrojasm wrote:

I would like to know why I have a $32.54 charge for Roku for Disney Electro.

Please reverse this charge as I did not order anything.

Go to https://my.roku.com/ and follow the Manage your subscriptions link. That is a listing of all the items to which you are subscribed.

Be aware that anyone using your Roku can purchase or subscribe to content. You can put a PIN on your account to require that before purchases. It's on the Account page.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

loridoyle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been trying for months to cancel Disney electro Through Roku subscription that I never purchased.  I have tried every avenue I can think of.  I have even disputed this charge with my bank and it is showing up again.

Can ANYONE tell my how I can cancel this?  I don't even know what this app is.  Is there a website I can go to besides the completely worthless Roku customer service site?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

Did you go to https://my.roku.com and click the Manage your subscriptions link? If so, what is happened and what is showing there?

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
DustinR
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You got off easy. I was just charged $84 for "Disney Electro", whatever that is. When you Google it, it's not even a thing. I do have Disney+, and I'm sure it's a recurring charge. But if this were that, wouldn't it say "Disney Plus"? I have no idea what's going on.

EDIT: Okay, checking my subscriptions, I see that my Disney+ is set to renew 5/22/2022. That must mean the $84 was my recurring Disney+ charge. If you have Disney+, I think that's what the "Disney Electro" charge is. But it's obviously a screw-up in the billing reference. Nobody in the world is subscribed to "Disney Electro".

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DustinR,

Please be aware that all Roku billed purchases and subscriptions can only be made through the Roku player.

1. Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.
  2. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account.
  3. Click on Manage your subscriptions.
  4. When the “My subscriptions” page loads, you will find all your channel subscriptions that get billed by Roku, along with the terms, status, and renewal date of each subscription. Subscriptions that were purchased directly from the service provider or otherwise purchased outside of the Roku Channel Store will not be listed here.
  5. Select Unsubscribe or Renew depending on how you want to manage your subscriptions.

I would highly recommend creating a Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account in the future. For more information about using a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How to create or update the PIN for your Roku account

For further assistance with account and billing-related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@DustinR wrote:

Nobody in the world is subscribed to "Disney Electro".

Just a guess, but it's probably something like "Disney Electronic Payment" or something similar that got truncated.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DustinR
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That's a decent guess, probably right. But it's unnecessarily confusing. If it's the Disney+ electronic payment (which I'm sure it is), then at worst it should say "Disney+ Electr". At least it wouldn't give people a stupid mystery to solve, sending them Googling, where they discover that "Electro" is a Disney-owned Marvel villain... freaking them out just that much more.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

There is nothing that we can do but dispute with our bank because I have called Disney+ and talk to Roku and they are both putting blame on each other stating that I bought this movie Carella that was $32.54 and and I did not and because I bought it supposedly through the in app purchase Disney+ cannot refund my money and Roku doesn’t refund at all so they’re both a bunch of you know what and I’m just really upset and now I have to talk to my bank and hopefully they can dispute the charge

0 Kudos
DDdD1

Jump to solution

Yes it is annoying and downright trickery that Roku requires you to enter a payment method even though there is no fee for using Roku. The "Roku for Disney Electro" is not your yearly Disney + subscription, it is a movie or subscription that your child has purchased because once you enter that payment method anybody who gets their hands on that remote can purchase or sign up for whatever is available on Roku.

You must login to your Roku account and either set a pin and keep that a secret or remove the payment method from your account since its just there so that Roku can charge you once or twice for stuff your children get without you knowing it before you figure out what is happening....

0 Kudos