Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karen60
Level 7

Being charged for Discovery+ when I signed up for 6 months free with Verizon, what do I do?

I signed up with Verizon free 6 months for Discovery +.  Everything went through with Roku and Verizon.   Now on the second month I am being charged by Roku for Discovery +.  How do I fix this?  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Being charged for Discovery+ when I signed up for 6 months free with Verizon, what do I do?

Hi @Karen60,

Thanks for the post.

For account, billing or order-related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Being charged for Discovery+ when I signed up for 6 months free with Verizon, what do I do?

I have the same Discovery+ deal via Verizon, which resulted in an account with Discovery+.  

It sounds like you have both the subscription through Verizon and a second one either through Roku or directly with Discovery.  If you had a free trial subscription going with Discovery+ that you forgot about after getting the subscription through Verizon, the trial would have run out by now and put you into a paying subscription.

I'm guessing this would be the way to fix it:

Go to https://www.discoveryplus.com/ and log in if necessary (upper right corner).

When logged in click on the icon in the upper right to get a drop down menu and click on Account.

If under Plans it shows an account other than "discovery+ (Ad-Free) via Verizon" click on it and cancel or unsubscribe (or whatever similar option wording it gives you) to keep it from auto-renewing at the end of its pre-paid subscription period -- it will stay in force until then.

[If you don't see another account and think you or some other user in your family may have opened a Discovery+ account under a different email address, try to log in with that address too and repeat the above steps.]

Now back on your Roku, load the Discovery+ app and click on the account link down the left side.

Click on Sign out across the top then sign out.  Sign back in, being sure to use your email and password for your Discovery+/Verizon account.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos