Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdoty
Level 8

Any help in solving random charges made to the account?

I was charged for two random purchases:

$16.98 for the Roku Channel App, that I downloaded over ten years ago.

And $14.99 for Roku for WarnerMedia Di..

Neither show up on my account as purchases, but they were billed through a PayPal prepayment agreement that has been active since 2014.

Of course, support can't fix them without knowing what account they came from.. I have one account.

They expect me to find the information fix their mistake.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Any help in solving random charges made to the account?

Contest the charges with your charge account carrier. When they trace these back to their actual origin they'll likely find they came from some scammer only CLAIMING to be Roku.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Mzdrae
Level 7

I thought the same thing that's why I'm here. I saw $14.99 being charged, then I forgot I'm paying for HBOMAX through my Roku. Maybe you're paying for an app you forgot you purchased on Roku? 

Nicole811
Level 7

What did the charge name say I had a random charge also that said Roku Warner media 16$

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Nicole811,

Thanks for the post.

If you are being charged for a service you do not recognize, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
cdoty
Level 8

I tried. They said there's nothing that can be done. 

If it didn't show up on my account, they couldn't track it, regardless of what info I could provide.

Unfortunately it was a PayPal preauthorized payment, so they couldn't do anything either.

In the end, I learned a lesson about PayPal preauthorized payments, and removed it from my account.

0 Kudos
Retep
Level 7

When Roku charge me for HBOMAX it shows up on my credit card as

"Roku for WarnerMedia Dire"

Pete

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Retep,

Thanks for the post.

For account, billing, or order-related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,

Mary