Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cherylpg
Level 8

Already using Roku. Want to add device to my account.

Jump to solution

Roku already set up. Want add device to my account. Where/how I get a link code to add it if it's already going? Can't believe that a reset can be the only way. Help!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Already using Roku. Want to add device to my account.

Jump to solution

What do you mean by "it's already going"?  Already set up and linked to a different Roku account?  If so, the only way to link to a different account is by doing a Factory reset, and setting it up again from scratch. 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

What do you mean by "it's already going"?  Already set up and linked to a different Roku account?  If so, the only way to link to a different account is by doing a Factory reset, and setting it up again from scratch. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Cherylpg
Level 8

Jump to solution

I mean that my Roku account is already set up on my Roku TV. To add device to my online Roku account, I have to do as factory reset? I think that is crazy.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

If your Roku TV is set up and connected to your desired Roku account, leave it alone.

If you're trying to add a new device to the same account, the set up right out of the box should guide you through the process.

If you're not seeing the setup procedure, this unit likely is not new-in-the-box.  The way to get it back into new-in-the-box condition is via a factory reset ON THAT UNIT.

Cherylpg
Level 8

Jump to solution

The problem I have is when I sign.onto my Roku account online there is not a device on it.

I would like to use my Google home with my Roku. I must have my device on my online Roku account to do this.

When I try to add device to my account,  I get I have following message to add my Roku TV to my online account. Screenshot_20210217-190304_Chrome.jpg

I cannot see nor find a link code..as I mentioned, my Roku TV has been set up already. So now I want it on my Roku account.

There must be way to add it...I hope.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

So it seems your TV is already linked to a Roku account, but just not yours. Is that correct? Unfortunately, there is no way to change the account it's linked to without performing a factory reset. And in reality that's the way it should be. Because any channel you have installed might be using credentials belonging to the other account, and this way you can ensure that someone isn't using your credentials on a device you no longer have. 

Just be aware that when you link it to your account, the only channels that will be installed to the TV are the ones that are already added to your account (along with some that Roku loads on all newly linked devices). You add a channel to one device, every device linked to that account gets the channel installed. If you remove a channel from one device, it's removed from all linked devices. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

The email address shown under Settings->System->About must match the email address you use to log in at https://my.roku.com .  If it doesn't you're not going to see that device as linked to your Roku account.  If was already set up, who set it up?  Whose account did they link it to?

0 Kudos