Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joesuzzi
Level 8

After factory reset can not axcess the OAN channel but I pay for it monthly on my TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

My TV is TCL ROKU 55", it went black, so I did a factory reset, TV started working but had to be

set up all over again.

Would not let me use my email addy (said it was already being used)..Yes ! By me !  Had to sign up with

a new email but bypassed the creditcard info as suggested.

I pay monthly for the OAN channel (One American News) with my American express card, but

when I try to watch OAN it asks me to sign up for monthly service (which I am already being billed for!)

I called TCL....she did some checking, came back on line and gave me a number to ROKU...which I called,

and got the "we are not offering customer support because of the situation..."

So, if I add a card to my new ROKU account I feel I will get double billed.  Should I call the Creditcard company and stop the montly payment  for September...and then just subscribe with a different Creditcard?  I want the channel, just don't want to be double billed for it !

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: After factory reset can not axcess the OAN channel but I pay for it monthly on my TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

@joesuzzi 

Thanks for the post.

Not sure what happened after you reset your Roku TV during the activation process, but you should have been able to activate the TV again with your existing Roku account.

We would recommend reaching out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
joesuzzi
Level 8

Re: After factory reset can not axcess the OAN channel but I pay for it monthly on my TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

Thanks for the replies.  The mystery is solved, I ended up with 2 accounts.........

since I could not get into my first account it was impossible for me to cancel that subscription.

One of the Roku reps. here was able to get into it and cancel the first subscription...YAY !

Thanks for your help!!!

Now, if we could just figure out how to pair my ROKU speakers to my Roku TV after the reset...????

0 Kudos
8 Replies
WebCrawler
Level 8

Jump to solution

... AND demand a fraud investigation by the credit card company and federal & state regulators.  

If a business is able to to take down credit card information and charge a card during this COVID crisis knowing that it has intentionally decided not to provide "customer" services using COVID as a convenient excuse then the business has committed fraud, intentionally.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@joesuzzi 

Thanks for the post.

Not sure what happened after you reset your Roku TV during the activation process, but you should have been able to activate the TV again with your existing Roku account.

We would recommend reaching out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
joesuzzi
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply Danny.....I just sent them an email..... I Hope they can help !!!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Yes, after the factory reset you should have been able to link your Roku to your existing account instead of trying to set up a new one.  Your original account is the one that has your paid OAN subscription.  When linked to your new account, it will know nothing about subscriptions you may have on the other account.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
joesuzzi
Level 8

Jump to solution

Makaiguy....I DID try to link to my original roku account.  Each time I tried to sign in....it would tell me that my email was already being used by someone......(That someone was me)

After a few days I just set up another account with my other email......I could not find any other way!

I was able to talk with a LIVE TCL person to see if they could help......but she just gave me the number to Roku...which does not have LIVE customer support !

I just need to make SURE that the original subscription for OAN will be cancelled...since I BLOCKED ROKU from charging anything on that creditcard.  My new OAN subscription started on 8/27 and will not bill again until 9/27.....HOW DO I MAKE SURE that the old OAN subscription is actually cancelled??

Can you check on that.....and if not, PLEASE tell me how I can do that?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

The email account is used as the login name for a Roku account.   If it won't accept it because the email address is in use, it sounds like you are somehow in the dialog to open a new account, not to log into an existing one.

You should be able to log into your existing account here:  https://my.roku.com

You should get a screen like this:

roku_signin.png

Be sure you click the Sign In button, not the Create Account button.  If that's not it, I'm stumped.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
joesuzzi
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for the replies.  The mystery is solved, I ended up with 2 accounts.........

since I could not get into my first account it was impossible for me to cancel that subscription.

One of the Roku reps. here was able to get into it and cancel the first subscription...YAY !

Thanks for your help!!!

Now, if we could just figure out how to pair my ROKU speakers to my Roku TV after the reset...????

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@joesuzzi 

Thanks for the update.

It's great to hear that you got everything settled out.

For more information about how to pair your Roku TV Wireless Speakers, visit our Support pages here: 
How do I set up my Roku® wireless speakers?
How do I resolve issues pairing my Roku® wireless speakers?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos