Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Star469ts
Level 7

Adding an account payment method

I dont have a debit or credit or PayPal. Is there anyway i can still activate my account. I got this roku because of high bills and had to cut out debit and credit cards for that reason. Idk about PayPal and dont trust it if my credit card comoanies let me down. Any advise. Or should I just get my 59 back from walmart?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Account

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that adding a payment method will not result in charges to your account unless you have taken additional steps such as signing up for a subscription.

For more information regarding adding a payment method to your account, visit our Support page here: Why is a payment method required when creating a Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tiffoni
Level 7

So you dont even need to pay for roku for you to be able to actually use it? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Tiffoni 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support. There is NEVER a charge to create a Roku account. Adding a payment method to your Roku account will not result in charges to your account unless you have taken additional steps such as signing up for a subscription.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos