Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mjhatten
Level 7

Re: Roku phone

Jump to solution

The scammers put up a web site called rokumounting.com.  Unless you look closely, you might pick it instead of the correct site from your search engine.  Once you are on that site, you are no longer talking to ROKU, you are talking to the scammers.  I know because that's what happened to me.

The way to avoid them is to type the whole address, roku.com/link, into the address bar.

That said, they don't have access to any information that you don't give them.  They can't access your ROKU account unless you give them your username and password.  They can't steal your money (their real goal) unless you give them your payment information.  (BTW, if they give you a link to click to log into ROKU, they can listen in and steal your account credentials and your payment information.) 

If they got your payment information, check with the fraud department of your credit card company to see how to reverse the charges.  If they got your account info, call the real ROKU support for help in getting your account back and locking them out,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
renojim
Level 13

Jump to solution

I'd have to see the scam in action myself to determine exactly what they're doing, but I don't think they take control of anything.  If you reached their website instead of Roku's and then gave them your Roku account information, all they have to do is go through the process themselves.  So they login as you on Roku's site and the registration process completes as normal.  It's a very simple scam.  Let's not give these scam artists more credit than they deserve.  Your beef is with google or with your browser for not taking you to Roku's site in the first place.  Anytime you want to go directly to a site and not do a search, preface your entry with https:// or http:// and the browser won't try to do a search.

-JT

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mjhatten
Level 7

Jump to solution

If you want to see the scam site, go to rokumounting.com.   The description in the search engine is identical to the true web site and the first landing page is identical to the true ROKU site so it looks legit.  Type anything into the code box and then see what happens.  Unlike most phishing sites, they have quite a call center infrastructure behind it.  I think they may be using a man-in-the-middle attack to steal your credit info before as you sign you up for ROKU TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
babybird2
Level 7

Re: Roku Customer Support Issue

Jump to solution

I had the same issue - asked me to call 1-877-393-3373 - said there is a new registration device - was a scam - I had given him my email address and log in, but I changed it immediately after.  I'm scared.  What do I do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Customer Support Issue

Jump to solution

@babybird2 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It sounds as if you may have contacted by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

If you would like us to take a look at your account and make everything has been set up properly, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Gail29
Level 7

Roku subscription

Jump to solution

I got text asking me to call and update my Roku subscription. Called and was told I had 3 options - 1, 5, or 12 years for $100, $150, and $250, respectively.  They said I paid for a year, 1 year ago and verified the credit card (that could have been lifted from my Payment Method info). I told them I would discuss it with my husband and call them back. I don’t see anything about this “renewal” on website. Is this legit? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku subscription

Jump to solution

@Gail29 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It sounds as if you may have contacted by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
genecarnes
Level 7

Re: Charged $100 from Winners Technology LLC for setting up

Jump to solution

I tried to contact you but too long a wait.  I like a few others have been scammed by Winners Technology LLC.  They must have hacked you, because, when I plugged in my Roku, I tried to put in the code at roku.com/link.  It would not accept the code and said there was an error, and up popped a chat message telling me to call a telephone number to resolve it.  They said ROKU was adding security on their system, etc., and we would need to purchase a life-time security "thing." They did not give us an out for a free version. I'm not remembering all the information they told me; however, the Pro Life-time version would cost $269.99. So, much to my dismay, we agreed and they charged me $269.99 plus tax.  After I saw their charge on my credit card bill, the name of the business did not sound right, so I did a search on Winners Technology LLC and discovered they must be spanners. I found out this on your Community blog. I am taking action to cancel my credit card, and changed all my passwords. I would like to know more from you on what action you are taking on your end for this not to happen to others. They somehow have hacked your website.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
renojim
Level 13

Re: Charged $100 from Winners Technology LLC for setting up

Jump to solution

YOU WERE NOT ON A ROKU SITE!  THIS IS ON YOU!  NO ONE HACKED ANYONE.  LEARN HOW TO ENTER A URL PROPERLY!

0 Kudos