Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
renojim
Level 13

Re: Why did I have too pay $69.99 service fee at time of set UP?

Jump to solution

@bigdaddy200009 

If you paid, YOU GOT SCAMMED!!!  Dispute the charge with your credit card company immediately.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@bigdaddy200009 

Thanks for the inquiry.

It sounds as you may have been contacted by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

If you would like us to take a look at your account and make everything has been set up properly, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
lostcowboy
Level 8

Jump to solution

OK, it looks like what is happening is people are using both google and bing search engines to make sure they don't do a typo and go to the wrong site. The problem is if you put "Roku link" or "Roku activation", only one of the links that show up is the correct one, then there are two Roku support pages that show up. But after that you have a long list of fake sites that are showing up that are showing in blue "Roku.com/link". So people are clicking on what they think is the correct link.  The correct link which is the first link in the search shows up as "Roku link" in blue, and shows as my.roku.com/link in black. So the fake sites are showing up looking more correct. I think that Roku needs to contact both Google and Bing and see if they can get the fake sites from showing up in the searches or at least get them off the first page of the search.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dmperry
Level 7

hisense roku tv

Jump to solution

has anyone recently purchased a hisense roku tv from walmart,i did today 1-28-2020,hooked it all up and it kept updating and restart,after a couple times of this a screen popped up with a code and told me to use a web browser and go to roku.com/link.,i did and it said the link wasnt any good to call 1-844-242-7292,some eastern indian cat is on there barley can understand him,he commences to doing something on his end that reboots the tv,and he'd telling me he needs the code on the screen,and that my old roku account wont work anymore,i'm like phhfft,there was no code,so he starts telling me for a 1 time 99.00 he can set me up with over 500 channels and live tv,i told him no and went to trying to log in because the home screen popped up,he tells me i have to ormy tv wont work after 4 minutes,i told him no and continued to log into my account on netflix and all others and its fine,rip off be warned

0 Kudos
Highlighted
JenNJas
Level 7

Re: Activation scam

Jump to solution

That’s beyond creepy. It’s dangerous & very worrisome. Thanks for posting. 
both my Roku devices have suddenly stopped connecting, & was on here looking for answers. I appreciate the heads-up on this scam. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rgarciajr88
Level 7

Re: Activation scam

Jump to solution

i JUST PURCHASED AND ATTEMPTED TO SET UP MY NEW ROKU AND EXACT SAME THING, I GOT AN ERROR MESSAGE AND 3 SECONDS LATER I GOT A PHONE CALL (#608-807-5563) ADVISING ME IT WAS $99.99 TO SET UP AND REGISTER.  I QUESTION THE CHARGE BECAUSE I HAVE ANOTHER ROKU UNIT AND NEVER WAS CHARGED ANYTHING AND THEY STATED IT WAS SOMETHING NEW THAT ROKU DOES.  I HUNG UP, REGISTERED ON MY COMPUTER AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE.  

BE VERY CAUTIOUS. 

0 Kudos
Hvachon
Level 7

Charged $100 from Winners Technology LLC for setting up

Jump to solution

Hello,

We just got the Roku Stick advanced, and we looked at the instruction that came with the unit and it told us to call Winners Technology to first set up.  We did, and they charged us $100.  Is that normal?  We were trying to save money but so far, we paid over $150 for 1 tv.  In addition, any channels that we search for, they want to charge us more.  Not sure about this ROKU deal.  How can we see the live news, the live shows, etc... without paying more?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
andyross
Level 13

Re: Charged $100 from Winners Technology LLC for setting up

Jump to solution

Where did you buy the stick? How did the instructions come with it? It's a SCAM. IMMEDIATELY call your credit card company (I hope it was a credit card) and dispute it, and get your card replaced with a new one with a different number.

As for the apps/channels themselves, what you get for free can vary. Some are free but will have alot of ads. Some are subscription and will have few or no ads.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Charged $100 from Winners Technology LLC for setting up

Jump to solution

@Hvachon 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support. For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

If you are looking for information about the content that you can watch with your Roku device, visit our Support page here: What channels can I watch on my Roku® streaming device?

Happy Streaming!
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
JH711
Level 7

Re: Roku phone

Jump to solution

I encountered the same issue - I realize now that it's a scam. I guess my question is 'how do they take control of a Roku activation'??  How can they keep my Roku device from being activated? I was held hostage. I refused to pay their original 'ransom' demand and settled for a small charge. But again, how can they take control of your activation process?? 

0 Kudos