Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foxieroxie42
Level 7

Re: Charged for 6 yrs of subsciptions

Jump to solution

How do I get my money back.  They have already taken it from my checking account.

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 11

Jump to solution

NEVER use a DEBIT card. Use a CREDIT card where you have 100% control and laws protecting you. Plus they don't IMMEDIATELY get your money.

You can call your bank and dispute the charge. Look at what name company is shown for the charge. As noted many times, Roku does NOT charge to add devices.

Do you know EXACTLY what number was shown and that you called? Hopefully you used a phone that keeps a record of calls.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@bperrodin1 @foxieroxie42 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Roku phone

Jump to solution
I have been trying for days to find a number or a way to contact Roku support. I have emailed several people and I’ve gotten a reply email saying they would contact me with no luck. Can I please get a telephone number to contact Roku agent? Because someone asked for my password and charged me money to continue my Roku account
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@teach2merachel 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support. For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

@teach2merachel wrote:
I have been trying for days to find a number or a way to contact Roku support. I have emailed several people and I’ve gotten a reply email saying they would contact me with no luck. Can I please get a telephone number to contact Roku agent? Because someone asked for my password and charged me money to continue my Roku account

You did not speak to actual Roku support. Roku doesn't EVER charge for activation or support. No one here can assist you with this. They were scammers and not actual Roku employees. Hopefully you can challenge the charge on your card. I would also cancel the card used and get a replacement with a new number. No telling what you'll be charged for. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Jasons817
Level 7

Buyer beware

Jump to solution

Sites.google.com/link/code
This site is a scam and will ask you to pay to use roku tv. $69.00 for a 4 year subscription.

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Buyer beware

Jump to solution

Any site or "support center" that either asks for payment or requests to connect to your computer is a scam. All they want is your personal information and credit card numbers. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Buyer beware

Jump to solution

@Jasons817 

Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Drum2303
Level 7

Why was I charged a one time $99.99? I was told a new policy starting November2019And all users will

Jump to solution
I purchased a new TCL/Roku TV 11/29/19 for $129.00.The television would not except the code on the screen to set up. And to call a telephone number connecting me to technical support and was told of a new policy change that started in November that all Roku devices Would have a one time charge of $99.99That’s almost as much as I paid for the television.If this is the case I certainly wouldn’t recommend Roku to any of my friends.
0 Kudos