Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Why was I charged a one time $99.99? I was told a new policy starting November2019And all users

Jump to solution

I have also been scammed by a third-party could you please help me and look into this for me?

[personal information removed]

Darin Gentry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Why was I charged a one time $99.99? I was told a new policy starting November2019And all users

Jump to solution

Darin, please remove your email from that post. That's a sure way for scammers to hit you. Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R or @RokuTannerD with your account information. But they don't need your password. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

thank you, however Im not certain how to remove.  So I changed my entire email and password from what I mistakenly gave the scammers and have a new email and password I use on here now.  

Will this be good enough?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

You can edit your posts by clicked the three vertical dots above the post and select Edit. But yes, absolutely change anything you gave the scammers. If you used a credit card to pay them, make sure you dispute the charge. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I know this is an old post but same thing happened to me.  When I found out I could activate with info on your site I did. My bank said ." Call them just to see if they will reimburse." I did, reimbursed (pending) and then promptly invalidated my SSID to the Roku device as threatened. How can they do that?? How can I get this reversed? Please help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@SFord wrote:

I know this is an old post but same thing happened to me.  When I found out I could activate with info on your site I did. My bank said ." Call them just to see if they will reimburse." I did, reimbursed (pending) and then promptly invalidated my SSID to the Roku device as threatened. How can they do that?? How can I get this reversed? Please help.

If they have access to your account, which you may have provided them when you first were scammed by them, they might be able to mess with your account. But the SSID has nothing to do with the Roku device. The SSID is something configured in your router, not any connected device. Can they disable your wireless, or damage your ability for a Roku device to connect to a network? Not from your user account. They didn't break anything, but might have locked you out of your account. You could send a private message to @RokuTannerD or @RokuDanny-R , and they might be able to restore your account access. Or at the worse they can cancel the old account and you just create a new one. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Was a Roku stick green box

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you atc.... I sent pm to Dan as suggested. Ty

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Beware of scammers when activating

Jump to solution

Follow the first ROKU instructions carefully.  DO NOT let your search engine fill it in for you.  Look in the address bar to make sure you are actually at ROKU.COM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

third party activation call center

Jump to solution

I know that the customer service is not open due to the situation but I came upon a "third party" to help me set up my Roku Express.  This is the phone number 1-877-812-0220.  It truly sounds like a scam.  They are charging a one time activation fee to set it up and then they will help with "each and everything" with all of my others devices.  

0 Kudos