Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Does Roku charge for setting up device?

Jump to solution

@Ciera wrote:

I was charged $160 for a lifetime plan on April 5.

You were scammed. Immediately contest the charge on your credit card, and try logging into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com. If you can log in, change the password immediately. If you can't log in, contact @RokuDanny-R via private message for help.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Why was I charged a one time $99.99? I was told a new policy starting November2019And all users

Jump to solution

Hi

I have the same problem. can anyone help me?

I just bought the Roku and it didn't accept the activation code. I contacted support and they got it going but then told me there was a one-time activation fee of $99.99. Said this just came into effect (2020). I gave them my credit card information and they charged me immediately. It is a pending transaction but my credit card company said they can not reverse it and I must contact Roku. Is there any way to dispute the money???

I will grateful if anyone can help me! 

Parinaz

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Why was I charged a one time $99.99? I was told a new policy starting November2019And all users

Jump to solution

@parinaz wrote:

Hi

I have the same problem. can anyone help me?

Parinaz

What problem? If you paid a scammer, immediately contest the charge with your credit card company. Try to log into your Roku account via the link I provided above, and follow the advice I gave. If it's something else, please provide more detail. Just don't post any personal information here in the forum.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@parinaz 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It sounds as if you may have contacted by a third party support. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

We would recommend contacting your credit card provider to dispute the charges on your account and then try performing a factory reset on your device to set it up again.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Activation or Support Scam

Jump to solution

Well I just bought a roku tv and like everyone else I had person that wasn't talking English tell me that if I didn't sign up for two different packages I would not be able to watch TV which was a bold face lie thanks to my daughter I just said no and hung up my daughter got it up and working what I find dis tastful is that fact they would lie about and activation fee being either 99 dollars or either 79 which I paid neither something needs to be done about this some people don't get as lucky and end up losing money that they don't have plus there using cov-19 as the excuse to why we have to pay for a activation fee which is a lie

Highlighted
Level 7

Odd possible phishing email from roku...Anyone else (got it today 4/20)

Jump to solution

Normally my Roku emails arrive in my box with just roku and the email associated is reply@email.roku.com  However, today i recieved an email and in the header it says reply@email1.roku.com (notice the 1 now).  This is the first i have ever seen it so I am unsure if it is phishing or not but wanted to put it out there just in case to make sure people noticed it too

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was charged this 99.00 fee when I was activating my Hisenae TV.

how do I receive a refund?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@BAm1 wrote:

I was charged this 99.00 fee when I was activating my Hisenae TV.

how do I receive a refund?

Roku didn't charge you, so they can't refund. You must immediately contest the credit card charge. Also, go into your Roku account (https://my.roku.com) and change your password. If you are unable to log in, the scammers have taken control of your account. Send a private message (not here on the forum) to @RokuDanny-R and they might be able to help you get control back of the account. Otherwise just create a new Roku account, do a hard reset on your Roku TV, and register it to the new account. Just make sure you don't use a search engine to find the Roku web site. That's how you ended up with the scammers in the first place. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Activation fee?

Jump to solution

@ncheathbar 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information visit our Support pages here:
Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device and trying to set up and activate your device once again.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Odd possible phishing email from roku...Anyone else (got it today 4/20)

Jump to solution

I got that email too. Scammers are going full force right now, I also got one from American Express that looked legit and it was phishing email. I'm not 100% sure but looks like this one is phishing too.