Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Activation scam

Jump to solution

It was definitely weird and sketchy and I should’ve knew better. Now they have my number and kept calling I had to block it. The voicemail says whenever I remove the dispute on PayPal I will get my money back. They are very hard to understand. So I still maybe out 195& 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@B-Pollard86 wrote:

It was definitely weird and sketchy and I should’ve knew better. Now they have my number and kept calling I had to block it. The voicemail says whenever I remove the dispute on PayPal I will get my money back. They are very hard to understand. So I still maybe out 195& 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I wouldn't count on them refunding your money if you don't dispute it. I would instead make sure PayPal understands a scam site is using them for payments. Hopefully you can get your money back, but it would be great if PP would refuse to work with them. Since they're scammers they probably don't want to work directly with Visa or MasterCard. They would likely get shut down far more quickly by them. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Purple Roku stick; Remote stopped working Software Update

Jump to solution

My purple Roku stick remote stopped working last month. I’ve changed the batteries, and tried to fix it. After connected online support I was told my account needs a software update with a one time fee of $69.99. 
I bought this stick with the idea that I would have any extra charges. I did not receive any information or notification about this software update, is this the same for all products? I was told even if I buy a new device I would still need to pay the fee for my account? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Purple Roku stick; Remote stopped working Software Update

Jump to solution

@Luzalbak 

That was scam site, you do not need to pay roku anything for customer service. With new batteries try to re-pair the remote to 3500 stick. There are no replacement remotes for 3500 stick anymore. I would upgrade anyways to a newer roku, it would much faster and receive all new channels going forward. And remember it willl cost NOTHING to turn on a new roku. Do not put roku.com/link into a search engine like google, you put it on your browser address bar on your computer or cellphone. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 7

account authorization at secure site

Jump to solution

I got a text that my account is being suspended because it expire.  I want to renew my account but I will not give info to a person at a site that I cannot confirm is an authorized ROKU site.  Is there another way to renew my account?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: account authorization at secure site

Jump to solution

That was a scam.  Roku accounts do not expire (they can be suspended if your payment method isn't updated).  NEVER pay anyone to renew or setup an account.  And, Roku would NEVER send a text message.  I doubt they send a text message for ANY reason.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Scam

Jump to solution

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/roku-just-made-it-harder-for-scammers-to-target-roku-owners/

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

OK everyone. You've asked why Roku hasn't done anything about these scammers. They now have. You no longer go to the Roku web site to enter a code. You enter an email address in the Roku, and they email you a link to complete the activation. This eliminates the chance of going to a scam site. Since every Roku will attempt to update its firmware as soon as you connect it to a network, this should get pushed to every new device, regardless how long it's been on the shelf.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/roku-just-made-it-harder-for-scammers-to-target-roku-owners/

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku scam

Jump to solution

I have a special card I use with a very low limit on it I use exclusively for web transactions, just in case. I did have that card cancelled and replaced. I had a case opened with the fraud dept. Then miraculously, a few days later I get an email from the company that the Roku activation fee was paid to (an automated reply) stating that my $100.00 will be refunded back to me, Which it was. I am not sure what caused this refund to happen, there was no explanation in that email. Whether or not it was the banks fraud case I started or maybe someone from the company was reading our posts. Danny, if your interested in getting more information, the company name, phone numbers the scammers used etc, send a private message to me and I will oblige.     encskir

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku scam

Jump to solution

I fell victim to this scam yesterday and was charged 79.99 from winsoc tech inc.

Called visa and cancelled the card, trying to get my money back.

Feel like an idiot.

Kevin

0 Kudos