Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Scammed to activate ROKU account

Jump to solution

Just purchased, JANUARY 16, 2020, a new Roku Express at Walmart plugged it in and it gave me error 001 code and provided a telephone number. I called the number on my phone and a foreign speaker stated that I had to pay a one-time Activation fee for multiple Roku devices and it sounded like a scam and I hung up. But was unable to activate the device. How do I get it to activate? [post edited]

Larry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

@drlgbear is it possible to take a picture of the TV with the phone number being shown?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

You will need to do a factory reset of the Roku device. That option should be available under the Systems category if you can get to that initial menu.

[post edited]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Why was I charged a one time $99.99? I was told a new policy starting November2019And all users

Jump to solution

Ok so I went through the same thing and they did activate Roku although I refused to pay for it. My question is what do I need to do to get this deactivated? I did not create an account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Why was I charged a one time $99.99? I was told a new policy starting November2019And all users

Jump to solution

You should create the free Roku account on the Roku website, then do a factory reset of the unit in the menu, then go through the free activation the right way.  

(3) Roku Ultras 4670X, Samsung Q8 tv, Samsung NU7100 tv
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Rwd wrote:

Ok so I went through the same thing and they did activate Roku although I refused to pay for it. My question is what do I need to do to get this deactivated? I did not create an account.

Go to www.roku.com and create your new account. Then perform a hard reset on your Roku. You can either do this in the Settings menu with the Factory Reset function, or find the recessed reset button and press it in for more than 30 seconds. Once it's been reset you walk through the first setup again and use your new account to register it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Lol Dan beat me by 11 seconds Smiley Happy

(3) Roku Ultras 4670X, Samsung Q8 tv, Samsung NU7100 tv
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

Smiley LOL

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just a quick Note. I finally got my Roku SE to work after 4 attempts after the scammer talked to me and I hung up on him. The SE reset itself and it is now working. Thanks to this Community Forum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks to all. It is up and working after 4th attempt it must have reset itself.

0 Kudos