Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DebbiLB
Level 7

Re: contacting roku

Jump to solution

Would someone please provide me with the email address for Roku customer support?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Re: contacting roku

Jump to solution

@DebbiLB wrote:

Would someone please provide me with the email address for Roku customer support?

There is no email support available. Roku has no email address you can contact. Using the chat function on their web site is the best way to reach tech support. This forum does not offer tech support, only assistance from other users that help if possible. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Vap
Level 7

Re: Speaking to a live agent!

Jump to solution

I just had the same thing happen to me . Was trying to activate a new Roku tv and was prompted to go to a website and put the code in and then a message popped up saying someone would reach out to me or I could call the number on the screen. So I called and the foreign sounding guy told me that Roku updated their servers and now there is a one time registration fee of  169.99. I fell for it but when I realized it I called my bank and had my card shut down. I also called PayPal because they were using that for these transactions they are investigating 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Speaking to a live agent!

Jump to solution

@Vap 

What happened was that while you were typing in the web address shown on the screen, your web browser began suggesting sites that their algorithm felt would be the closest match for your desired destination. Unfortunately, those scammers have manipulated the search engines to make their bogus site appear before the legitimate Roku site, and you mistakenly clicked one of the suggestions.

Roku worked with the search engines in the past to clean these up, but lately they've reared their ugly heads again. I moderate a couple of other forums, and for the past 3 weeks or so there's been a huge increase of spam posts that contain web links specifically designed to manipulate the search engines. Some days I've deleted close to 50 of these bogus posts. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Eltriloco
Level 7

Re: Does Roku charge for setting up device?

Jump to solution

Same her i was charged 67$

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Does Roku charge for setting up device?

Jump to solution

@Eltriloco

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It sounds as you may have contacted by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator