Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 21

Re: Activation Fee?

Jump to solution

@jkc054 wrote:

I own one Roku streaming media player. I am thinking of purchasing a second one but some reviewers say you have to pay a $30 activation fee in order to use the player. Is this true? If not what if I purchased a third one? Do you ever have to pay a player activation fee to Roku to use a newly purchased player?

NO NO NO! There is no activation fee for adding additional Roku devices to your account. There is no charge, period, at all, uh uh, none, for anything to do with your Roku account. 

There are scammers that have manipulated the Internet search engines, and they attempt to fool you to click their link instead of using the genuine Roku web site to link your new player. Never choose one of the browser selections. Type it the address in full as shown on the screen. Roku is also starting to roll out a new link method that requires you entering an email address on the screen, and Roku emailing you a link to securely connect your device to your account. That should finally stop the scammers. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 7

roku account

Jump to solution

Is there a limit to how many Roku devices you can connect to your Roku account ? Somebody told me that after two devices on your account they charge you for an upgrade for the third devices to you account is this true or false?

James D Cundiff    [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
Level 19

Re: roku account

Jump to solution

@jimdc wrote:

Is there a limit to how many Roku devices you can connect to your Roku account ? Somebody told me that after two devices on your account they charge you for an upgrade for the third devices to you account is this true or false?

First - I strongly suggest you click on the three vertical dots at the upper right corner of your post and go into edit mode to remove your email address.  Posting in a public forum such as this guarantees it will be picked up by spammers and increase your junk email.

Now as to your question -- NO!  Roku does NOT charge for linking devices, no matter how many you have.  Anyone running into this has managed to contact a scam site masquerading as a Roku site.

IMPORTANT! When linking your device you may be directed to go to roku.com/link. Type this in very carefully and verify that you actually do go there. Otherwise you can end up at a scammer's fake Roku site where they may request you to pay bogus charges and will collect your payment information to use as they wish. If you end up at ANY site not on roku.com (other than the https://my.roku.com/link that you'll get redirected to), back out and try again.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 7

Multiple device charges

Jump to solution

I just purchased a new Roku Ultra device to use on my LG Smart TV. I also have a regular TCL Roku TV in my bedroom. I was told by a technician today, (when I called for support while setting up the new Roku Ultra) that in order to use Roku on more than one TV I needed to pay a one-time subscription/activation fee. But in going through multiple information screens at roku.com, I don't see that that's the case anywhere. Can someone please clarify?

0 Kudos
Level 10

Re: Multiple device charges

Jump to solution

Rokus of any number activate for free at roku.com.  However, if you call a scammer, they use whatever story that seems to fit the moment to get you to give them some money.  I hope you didn't.

0 Kudos
Level 21

Re: Multiple device charges

Jump to solution

To be clear, make sure you're going to https://my.roku.com/link

Anyone that tells you that you have to pay is a scumbag scammer.  Run fast, run far.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Got scammed

Jump to solution

Same happened to me but they refunded my money. How did you get off guest mode?

0 Kudos
Level 21

Re: Got scammed

Jump to solution

@Kay4 wrote:

Same happened to me but they refunded my money. How did you get off guest mode?

What do you mean by Guest Mode? The mode on the Roku device that allows others to use their own credentials, and then can be removed by the device owner? You take the device out of Guest Mode on your Roku user web site: go.roku.com/guestmodesetup

Note that you have to re-enter your own credentials once Guest Mode is disabled. 

If the scammers had access to your Roku user account, once you log in change your password immediately. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

Re: Activtion or Support Scam yes it's actually wanting me to pay 999 and enter my card information

Jump to solution

What do I do guys it's trying to charge me to be a member and roku's free service

0 Kudos
Level 7

why do i have to PAY for an account? - 11-29-20

Jump to solution

I was locked out of my roku when i tried to add it to my account ... I was then told by SUPPORT that it was now absolutely NECESSARY that I pay $150 for a premium account in order to have more than one device on it.

0 Kudos