Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

wrong email

Jump to solution

what can I do if the tech support put the wrong email on my TV? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku phone

Jump to solution

how do i set up the number wants me to pay 89$ if i don’t he said you won’t be able to use your tv please help 

Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

you need to type the url properly and not type it in google search

https://my.roku.com/link  <<proper link for activation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Bella8299 wrote:

how do i set up the number wants me to pay 89$ if i don’t he said you won’t be able to use your tv please help 

DO NOT PAY THEM! That is a scam. You reached the wrong web site when you attempted to link your device. You have to go to https://my.roku.com/link for the correct address. The scammers have manipulated the search engines to place their sites higher than the legitimate Roku site. 

I hope you did not give them any personal information, or access to your Roku user account. If you did, change your Roku user account password immediately so they don't lock you out if it. Now go to the legitimate Roku site listed above and you will be able to link your new device just fine. If you  can't get the link code back on screen, then do a hard reset and start over. Depending on the device, the reset button could be inside a small hole, or a soft touch button on the case. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: activation fee Scam

Jump to solution

Activation fee. Is this a scam I bought a new tv and when prompted to enter activation code I received an error message with phone number to call. When I called he entered my code from his end and set up but stated a billing person would call me back to process an activation fee. I later got a call to request payment of 179.99 an invoice was emailed to me saying I have 24 hours to pay. I have not paid as am suspicious this is a scam. Please advise

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: wrong email

Jump to solution

@erimed90 

"Tech support" was a scammer you somehow reached instead of a legitimate Roku contact.  You gave them enough information to get your Roku linked to an account, but it is an account controlled by the scammer, not you.  A legitimate Roku account would be named with your email address, not the scammer's.

To regain control, you should perform a factory reset (Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.  You'll have to set your unit up again from scratch.

IMPORTANT! When linking your device you are directed to go to roku.com/link. Type this in very carefully and verify that you actually do go there. Otherwise you can end up at a scammer's fake Roku site. If you end up at ANY site not on roku.com (other than the https://my.roku.com/link that you'll get redirected to), back out and try again.

If you gave the scammer ANY payment information, they now have the ability to hit you with bogus charges, and sell your information to others who can do the same.  Watch your incoming charges like a hawk.  Spammers can call their charges anything they want so don't assume a charge that says it's from Roku really is from Roku.  Dispute any false charges with your financial institution - they can trace them back to the account that actually placed them.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: activation fee Scam

Jump to solution

@Sgaskins 

IT IS A SCAM!!!!  To link your Roku, don't do a search (which almost all web browsers do by default these days).  Go here:  https://my.roku.com/link

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Good morning bella it sounds like it's the same person that screwed me out of $89.00 so called activation fee don't talk to him anymore he is a scam with my first roku had to setup an account. I don't know if I was of some help but I feel your pain. Let me know if I was of some help. Sincerely Margaret

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Activation or Support Scam

Jump to solution

I have had ROKU for 5 years and one of them failed so I looked on my ROKU account to see what kine I could get.I decided on one and ent to Wal mart and of it . Cam home tried to hook it up and got a message to call cust support. The foreign man told me that ROKU just started a new policy that it charged a one time fee of $99.00 for a 3 unit plan. and they went up from there. I had already signed in today and he said he checked my account and since I had never paid the one-time activation fee he would have charge me same. I refused and told him I would take it back. The whole website advised there are not fees I do subscribe to FUBO and he said wold get that for a one time fee also.. I knew something was not right so I hung up on him and came in on my PC and checked my existing account and there is nothing about a one-time fee starting Aug of this year.  I am a retired agent form the Ill State Police, this is out and out FRAUD if ROKU advertises the devices are no Fee and then after you buy them charge you a fee. Who do I contact regarding FRAUD cases.  Jerry L Deen ROKU has my contact info I jsut hope they call me.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Activation or Support Scam

Jump to solution

@Jdeen wrote:

I have had ROKU for 5 years and one of them failed so I looked on my ROKU account to see what kine I could get.I decided on one and ent to Wal mart and of it . Cam home tried to hook it up and got a message to call cust support. The foreign man told me that ROKU just started a new policy that it charged a one time fee of $99.00 for a 3 unit plan. and they went up from there. I had already signed in today and he said he checked my account and since I had never paid the one-time activation fee he would have charge me same. I refused and told him I would take it back. The whole website advised there are not fees I do subscribe to FUBO and he said wold get that for a one time fee also.. I knew something was not right so I hung up on him and came in on my PC and checked my existing account and there is nothing about a one-time fee starting Aug of this year.  I am a retired agent form the Ill State Police, this is out and out FRAUD if ROKU advertises the devices are no Fee and then after you buy them charge you a fee. Who do I contact regarding FRAUD cases.  Jerry L Deen ROKU has my contact info I just hope they call me.  

There's no fraud on Roku's part. Those scammers are the ones that are attempting something illegal. There is NO charge by Roku at all for any sort of account or activation. What they (the scammers) have done is manipulate the search engines, and when you began typing in the web address to link your new device (the legitimate address is https://my.roku.com/link) the browser suggests a match, which in reality is a scam site. Unfortunately, many people accept those false suggestions, which is why they end up on the scam site. 

Since these scammers are not located within the US (you noted the foreign accent) there's nothing Roku can legally do against them. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos