Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Recover your funds

Jump to solution

WRONG. Shame you have to stoop to insults because you are mentally stunted. I didn't fall for it but the  number did come up on the screen and I stopped in the nick of time from becoming prey. I then looked roku activation up and did it from there. Stop with your childish name calling. YOU must be a troll

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

The issue is it's impossible for the scammer's phone number to appear on the TV screen itself. Roku does not provide any phone contact information on screen. They only provide a web site address, and that is where the problem comes. When someone starts typing the web address into their browser, their search engine provides a suggested web site to visit that they think matches what you're typing. And that suggestion is the scammer's web site because they've manipulated the search engines. Google is really bad about it, and that is completely out of Roku's control. I hope they're working on a revised authentication method that doesn't involve typing a URL. But I think the alternative is typing your email address into the Roku, and that's a pain without having a keyboard. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Don't speak on something that did not happen to you. I never said it phone number came on my TV screen.   All we know, you maybe the one scamming people.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Good morning. I don't know what you're trying to do or why you're trying to convince people that this isn't real.I do know that unlike you, it was real to me. In fact, I have the messages and the screen shots of every call that was placed to me when they couldn’t take my money out. If it didn't happen to you, ignore this thread and move on!

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Grow up! No one has the time or the patience to play these games to you. You really are not a factor. On that note, have a blessed day. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Shut up and don't talk about something you never experienced.  The scam is not coming from Roku.  It is an internet site from a company stating they represent Roku.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Screenshot_20200921-120811_Voicemail.jpg

I know exactly what I'm talking about. I had to cancel my bank card because of this scam. Again, grow up 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: activation fraud

Jump to solution

I'm in the same boat as you with two differences: I paid through Paypal; and I was able to get my money back. I told Paypal that the case was simple - I was defrauded. The person communicating with me stated that he was a Roku representative and that Roku required a payment to activate an account. That's fraud, plain and simple. It is pretty clear to me that the fault lies with Roku systems people. They are not doing their job properly. I expressed this idea to Roku and asserted that it would be child's play to prevent such occurrences if they chose to do so. For whatever reason, certainly due to some incompetence somewhere, they refuse to clean up its mess.

By the way, Paypal, acting as an intermediary, told me that the fraudster offered to settle for 1/2 of the fee they collected from me. I replied to Paypal: Suppose a bank robber, caught fleeing from the bank, offered to give half the money back. Would anyone accept such an offer? No, and I don't either. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Trying to set up a Sharp/Roku TV and Roku is wanting $70 to upgrade my account?

Jump to solution

Trying to set up a Sharp/Roku TV and Roku is wanting $70 to upgrade my account? In the manual it reads..........

To enjoy streaming content, you will need a wireless internet connection and a Roku account.

• Note: There is NEVER a charge to create a Roku account. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Reset Roku to factory default

Jump to solution

I'm posting this to see if anyone else has had this issue.  My 24 year old daughter lives with me and had 2 Roku Expresses.  I currently have Spectrum cable and internet service with numerous rental boxes for each TV.  Spectrum told me I could eliminate the boxes if I had a Roku which would allow me to connect directly to my Spectrum service.  My daughter offered one of hers to me to try.  It seemed to work fine with connecting to my Spectrum account and well as my Netflix account.  So I went out and bought one to start the processing of replacing all of my cable boxes.  I successfully connected and activated the new one.  In the meantime, I decided to use the one she gave me on a different TV.  I decided to do a reset to the factory default so I could set it up using my new Roku account that I created during the setup of the Roku I had bought.  As it turns out, without any warning, I totally lost my ability to connect.  So I got on the phone with support at which time they inform me that I need to re-register the Roku which would cost me $60!  I was infuriated.  It just doesn't make any sense to me.  The Roku is paid for and I'm using it to connect to my cable service and netflix.  I could go out and buy 2 new ones for $60.  They refused to provide me with my registration that should never have been removed to begin with.  So now I have a useless Roku because I refuse to pay.  Has anybody else run into this issue?  Does this make sense to anyone?  It's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.  And it's not about the money, it's about the principle of the thing.  It's paid for, why can't they fix this issue?

0 Kudos