Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Activation failed called number and they tried to get me to pay a fee

Jump to solution

So roku activation is free coz they trying to charge money on my new roku tv

@Lucinda wrote:

This same exact thing just an hour ago 

first he was charging me $99.99 I refused then he could reduce rate to $59.99 for a one time activation fee since he showed I had no account !!! Which was wrong! This is outrageous way to conduct business Who or how do I take this farther? Some poor people out there are probably giving credit card info and paying for a FREE product!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@MALDONADOARMAND wrote:

So roku activation is free coz they trying to charge money on my new roku tv

That is correct. There is no fee for activation, a Roku account, adding additional devices, nothing. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Be careful when setting up new roku express.

Jump to solution

I was quoted $89.00 one-time setup fee I felt l was pressured to pay for this package of 400 channels even Showtime anytime that I can't activate with my new unit. The unit works but not 400 channels especially Showtime anytime. I don't know how to get my money back. People be careful when speaking to an agent setting your Roku units.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Support Activation Scam Fraud

Jump to solution

Another company to be aware of "Instaglobe Solutions LLC".  They want to charge $50 for 5 years or $80 for lifetime and unlimited devices.  Do not use this company.  One of their phone number is 1 (833) 544-4144.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Why was I charged a one time $99.99? I was told a new policy starting November2019And all users

Jump to solution

Instaglobe Solutions LLC is another company doing the same thing. Their phone number is 1 (833) 544-4144.  Fast talking thieves. Don't fall for it.  Report them to BBB, 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting me know about your experience I thought this only happened to me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Be carful

Jump to solution

In your case, did you get the number 888-635-4208 on the Roku TV when it failed to activate?  That was my case, and because it was posted on the Roku TV, I initially considered it legitimate.  To me, this is something that Roku should work to eliminate and support.  The number appeared on the Roku TV when the activation failed on the TV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

I sincerely doubt it was on the TV.  No one has ever provided a picture of a phone number on a TV.  The activation doesn't fail on the TV; it fails on the scammer's website.  The TV will just sit there forever waiting for the activation to complete.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes that is the number that was shown on my tv. If this is you you should be ashamed of yourself trying to sell me so called upgrade of my roku activation you also given me that number along with another number. Why did you do that? I trusted you to working with roku people like you give roku company a bad name and awful services. Have a great day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Recover your funds

Jump to solution

All these new people coming on here saying they were scammed i think are trolls. I do not think any of these people were scammed, most are lying saying a number came up on the TV screen. Most of us know you are lying, i think this thread should be closed.

0 Kudos