Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RustyB
Level 7

Re: Be carful

Jump to solution

In your case, did you get the number 888-635-4208 on the Roku TV when it failed to activate?  That was my case, and because it was posted on the Roku TV, I initially considered it legitimate.  To me, this is something that Roku should work to eliminate and support.  The number appeared on the Roku TV when the activation failed on the TV. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

I sincerely doubt it was on the TV.  No one has ever provided a picture of a phone number on a TV.  The activation doesn't fail on the TV; it fails on the scammer's website.  The TV will just sit there forever waiting for the activation to complete.

0 Kudos
Texaslady59
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes that is the number that was shown on my tv. If this is you you should be ashamed of yourself trying to sell me so called upgrade of my roku activation you also given me that number along with another number. Why did you do that? I trusted you to working with roku people like you give roku company a bad name and awful services. Have a great day.

0 Kudos
Mazz
Level 11

Re: Recover your funds

Jump to solution

All these new people coming on here saying they were scammed i think are trolls. I do not think any of these people were scammed, most are lying saying a number came up on the TV screen. Most of us know you are lying, i think this thread should be closed.

0 Kudos
barb013
Level 8

Jump to solution

WRONG. Shame you have to stoop to insults because you are mentally stunted. I didn't fall for it but the  number did come up on the screen and I stopped in the nick of time from becoming prey. I then looked roku activation up and did it from there. Stop with your childish name calling. YOU must be a troll

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

The issue is it's impossible for the scammer's phone number to appear on the TV screen itself. Roku does not provide any phone contact information on screen. They only provide a web site address, and that is where the problem comes. When someone starts typing the web address into their browser, their search engine provides a suggested web site to visit that they think matches what you're typing. And that suggestion is the scammer's web site because they've manipulated the search engines. Google is really bad about it, and that is completely out of Roku's control. I hope they're working on a revised authentication method that doesn't involve typing a URL. But I think the alternative is typing your email address into the Roku, and that's a pain without having a keyboard. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
GLM
Level 8

Jump to solution

Don't speak on something that did not happen to you. I never said it phone number came on my TV screen.   All we know, you maybe the one scamming people.  

0 Kudos
jaybx3
Level 7

Jump to solution

Good morning. I don't know what you're trying to do or why you're trying to convince people that this isn't real.I do know that unlike you, it was real to me. In fact, I have the messages and the screen shots of every call that was placed to me when they couldn’t take my money out. If it didn't happen to you, ignore this thread and move on!

0 Kudos
jaybx3
Level 7

Jump to solution

Grow up! No one has the time or the patience to play these games to you. You really are not a factor. On that note, have a blessed day. 

0 Kudos
GLM
Level 8

Jump to solution

Shut up and don't talk about something you never experienced.  The scam is not coming from Roku.  It is an internet site from a company stating they represent Roku.  

0 Kudos