Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Be carful

Jump to solution

Some one out there with number +1 (888) 635-4208 is scammers trying to get money to up date

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku phone

Jump to solution

I got error message and could not set up tv. Called the number and was charged 119.99 for lifetime premium thing for up to 12 TVs. They got my tv working and I was on phone with them a while. But, the username and password they gave me is meaningless. Please help!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Timber12 wrote:

I got error message and could not set up tv. Called the number and was charged 119.99 for lifetime premium thing for up to 12 TVs. They got my tv working and I was on phone with them a while. But, the username and password they gave me is meaningless. Please help!!!!

First, call them back and demand a refund. There is no charge for Roku accounts or registering devices. There's no such thing as a lifetime premium anything.

If they won't do it, contest the charge with your bank or credit card company. Since they gave you bogus account information, I doubt they will be cooperative. Roku support might be able to get you into your account, but you might be better off creating a new account, reset your Roku device and set it up with the new account. Just make sure you go to this web site to link the device: https://my.roku.com/link

@RokuDanny-R might be able to assist with accessing the account. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for reply!! I tried calling back and got hold forever. I called credit card company. But how did they get my tv working? I guess all it needed was reset and they know this? If Danny reads this please reply. I will give you phone number and I did a reverse lookup and got interesting result. Thanks!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: registration fee

Jump to solution

i just purchased roku premiere and during setup i needed to call a number.  i was told i needed to pay $59.99.  how do i bypass the setup.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

By going to the actual Roku Website and not searching on Google.

https://my.roku.com/link

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support. 

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

If you would like further assistance regarding your account, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Activation or Support Scam

Jump to solution

ADVICE DELETE YOUR OLD ACCOUNTS ROKU IS DECEITFUL THEY HAVE REACTIVATED MY ACCOUNT AT LEAST 3 times and I hadnt logged into my roku account at all so it was not me I never used the roku i sent it back. Have been charge hundreds by roku beach body  the number by the charge is bs to   **bleep** this company 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Activation or Support Scam

Jump to solution

@ryan_minnis wrote:

ADVICE DELETE YOUR OLD ACCOUNTS ROKU IS DECEITFUL THEY HAVE REACTIVATED MY ACCOUNT AT LEAST 3 times and I hadnt logged into my roku account at all so it was not me I never used the roku i sent it back. Have been charge hundreds by roku beach body  the number by the charge is bs to   **bleep** this company 

I have my doubts it was Roku. If you accidentially hooked up with one of the scammers, they could be causing the issue. I the charges say "roku beach body", that most assuredly wasn't a legitimate charge by Roku. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Support Activation Scam Fraud

Jump to solution

Hi,

I just received 2 new Roku Streaming Sticks + from Amazon today.

Proceeded to install following instructions.

When the Roku installed it asked for an activation code.

Upon entering the activation code requested by the device it returned an error and required to access a site on the internet.

The site gave a number for support I called and was informed that I had exceeded the number of devices and was required to pay activation $139.99 for 5 years and 179.99 for life.

After going back and forth with the Roku Representative he said there was nothing he can do and if I did not pay Roku would not activate the account.

They changed the Roku account password to roku1234.

Believing this was a legit call I paid the company and received a form authorizing the payment.

The company is STREAM WEB DIGITAL SERVICES Address: 41 Methuen St, Springfield, MA 01119 USA Tel.: 1-830-642-4030

The form was for a One Time Credit Card Payment Authorization Form Invoice

They can change passwords on the Roku Platform, they can remotely activate and deactivate Roku Devices.

They even passed me to their tech support department the support number given was 833-686-4538, the service representative said that if I had any problems to call that number and that number only.

When I went to install the second Roku it all happened again. I called the number given on the website and another person answered and they passed me to the first representative who told me not in a nice way that I should have only called the toll free number he had given me.

He immediately proceeded to activate the account. Upon his comment that I should have only called the number he gave me I suspected fraud or scam.

I am terribly angry I am incredibly careful about giving confidential and credit card information, but:

1. How can these people access Rokus Platform?
  2. How can they change passwords?
  3. How can they activate and deactivate Roku Devices?

What else can you do at Roku to help the customers be able to anticipate Scams and Fraud?

Even though it says it in the Quick Start Guide maybe put it in Red or Screaming Yellow, because when you get a message that your Roku can not be activated people can be convinced otherwise by the representative stating it’s a new policy, like in my situation.

Hope something can be done.

0 Kudos