Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 19

Re: Registration fee

Jump to solution

You were scammed.  Roku does not charge registration fees. 

Somehow, instead of getting to the roku.com/link website to link your new Roku, you reached a scamner's site.  This could be by entering a typographical error when typing the address or by clicking a link in a web search that took you to a bogus site.  Typically when you try to enter the link code on a scam site it is rejected and you are directed to a different site or to a phone number. On the legit site, if you don't enter a recognized code you are just asked to try again. 

Once you've given them your information they typically create an account and get your Roku working so you're none the wiser, at least for now.

Dispute the charge with your credit card company and have them issue you a new card, as you've given the scammer the keys to your kingdom. 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Why was I charged a one time $99.99? I was told a new policy starting November2019And all users

Jump to solution

I activated my newest roku TV last week Wednesday. In order to do it I had to call the number. I was told that since this is my fourth device, I had to pay 99.99. I told the man that all of my money went to buying the TV. He activated it on layaway. He took my payment info and gave me until today to make the payment. He has called me three different times to remind me of the payment. I took my information off of my account and I pray that the money doesn't go through but why did this happen in the first place? My 4 letter code didn't work, why?

0 Kudos
Level 21

Re: Why was I charged a one time $99.99? I was told a new policy starting November2019And all users

Jump to solution

@jaybx3 wrote:

I activated my newest roku TV last week Wednesday. In order to do it I had to call the number. I was told that since this is my fourth device, I had to pay 99.99. I told the man that all of my money went to buying the TV. He activated it on layaway. He took my payment info and gave me until today to make the payment. He has called me three different times to remind me of the payment. I took my information off of my account and I pray that the money doesn't go through but why did this happen in the first place? My 4 letter code didn't work, why?

Because when you began typing in the link address (https://my.roku.com/link) your browser began offering suggested web sites that appeared to match what you were typing, and you used one of those suggestions, whether you meant to or not. That suggestion was a scam site, so when you entered the code, it naturally failed and offered a phone number. 

There is no charge for linking a Roku to your account, regardless of how many devices you have. I think at one time I had 6 or 7. And there's no fee of any kind for a Roku user account. The scammers have all lied about it. If they call back again, you tell them you know what they're doing is illegal and that you will report them if they call back. That should stop the calls. Also log into your Roku user account and change your password immediately. If you can't log in, the scammer has already changed your password, so you'll need assistance from Roku support to get it back. Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R for assistance. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 21

Jump to solution

@jaybx3 wrote:

He took my payment info and gave me until today to make the payment. He has called me three different times to remind me of the payment. I took my information off of my account and I pray that the money doesn't go through...

If you gave him your payment information then taking information off of your Roku account won't do anything.  It's not Roku that's taking your money.  Be prepared for plenty of fraudulent charges.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Customer service sucks

Jump to solution

Hi

I got charged $75.00 for an activation Fee.  Also just recently these supposedly Roku representatives had a deal for me.  Because I'm a senior citizen they wanted to give me the premium package for nothing.  All I had to do was turn my computer on and retreive an e mail they sent me and click on the link.  My husband answered the phone at that time and told them I wasn't home.  They tried calling again an hour later.  Tried calling again today twice within a half an hour.  Also I think they somehow got a hold of my credit card.  Had to cancell it, because there was a $500.00 charge on it for Google advertising.  I never go Google store or anything like. that.  The first time they contacted me they gave me their names.  (Probably fake)  [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
Level 7

Tried activating a new device

Jump to solution

Help. I’m getting a code that directs me to someone saying I have to purchase a one time lifetime payment. This can’t be true

0 Kudos
Level 21

Re: Tried activating a new device

Jump to solution

It's not true.  IT IS A SCAM! You didn't go to the real Roku link site:  https://my.roku.com/link

0 Kudos
Level 7

Scammed by Roku frauds , charged $69 activation fees

Jump to solution

Hi , I just got scammed by roku frauds. They charged from my credit card $69. I have already given them my card information. I am so worried now. How do I complain about them and what if they will charge me again??

0 Kudos
Level 19

Re: Scammed by Roku frauds , charged $69 activation fees

Jump to solution

Call the number on the back of your card and contest this charge.  Now that the bad guys have your card info, ask the bank to cancel your card number and issue you another.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Scammed by Roku frauds , charged $69 activation fees

Jump to solution

Yes I will cancel my cards now, thanks for the reply 

0 Kudos