Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Does roku charge a registration fee?

Jump to solution

Thanks I will 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I was charged $50 and was told it was a one time activation fee and it was for Netflix and Hulu. Was I scammed? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Bill

Jump to solution

@Serena1 

Yep

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Caligeeks INC WHO THE **bleep** ARE THESE PEOPLE? WHY ARE THEY ASKING FOR 60 Dollars to register my Ruko and how do they have control over the TV?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

You reached a scam site. They only have control of your device if you gave them your account email address and your password. When you typed the web address to register your Roku, you accepted one of the suggested addresses that your browser offered. That suggestion was a scam site.

If you paid them, immediate contest the charge on your credit card, and watch your account for fraudulent charges. Try to log into your Roku user account at https://my.roku.com and make sure the scammers haven't changed your password. If you can log in, change your password immediately. 

If they've locked you out of your Roku account, send a private message to @RokuDanny-R for assistance. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New Roku Premiere Won’t get past update

Jump to solution

I just connected my Premier Roku for the first time last night. They said you must set up an account with them that requires a once in a lifetime payment of $80.00 before they'll connect you. I paid over a hundred dollars a month just for the direct tv its self, not counting the other part of the century link bill.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New Roku Premiere Won’t get past update

Jump to solution

@guyandpatty 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It sounds as you may have contacted by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support. For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Charged

Jump to solution

My son just got charged from this GSCS Services also. I warned that it was a scam and he cancelled his card also and the next day they called him, I am not sure what they wanted because he hung up on them and blocked the phone number. They probably tried to get more money off the card and couldn't. Roku should be ashamed for what is happening. Roku should have an alert flashing across their web page, Facebook page, and should send out a mass email alerting people of this scam. The BBB says there have been complaints in 25 states for this scam. My son is in the process of trying to get his money back, $100 dollars.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@macshep wrote:

My son just got charged from this GSCS Services also. I warned that it was a scam and he cancelled his card also and the next day they called him, I am not sure what they wanted because he hung up on them and blocked the phone number. They probably tried to get more money off the card and couldn't. Roku should be ashamed for what is happening. Roku should have an alert flashing across their web page, Facebook page, and should send out a mass email alerting people of this scam. The BBB says there have been complaints in 25 states for this scam. My son is in the process of trying to get his money back, $100 dollars.

Roku has done all sorts of things to try to warn customers. There are inserts in the package, they've modified their method of activation, and put the no charge information on the screen. It's just the scammers have manipulated the search engines to make their site appear before the legitimate web site, which is something Roku cannot control. 

Your son should be able to successfully dispute the charge on the credit card. Just make sure the scammers haven't taken control of his Roku user account. If he gave them his password, they can log in, change the password, and take control of the account. If that happens, send a private message to @RokuDanny-R for assistance. Don't put any personal account information here in the forum.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you atc98092. This just happened Sunday and he cancelled the card Monday morning. He hasn't checked his Roku account yet. He will check it when he gets home today. I will pass the information on to him.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos