Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

bein connect. I subscribed & paid fee but Roku doesn’t give me access to bein connect

Jump to solution

I have subscribed and paid the fee for bein connect. It gave me error 1000. And it asked me to call beinconnect. I called them, they asked me to contact Roku saying that you ROKU are not giving me access! Please advise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Activation or Support Scam

Jump to solution

Why was I charged $99.99 to activate my account? I bought my roku tv and the 4 digit code didn’t work and the link had me call a number. I believe this was a scam and I’m truly sad I spent that. Please help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Activation or Support Scam

Jump to solution

@megank04 wrote:

Why was I charged $99.99 to activate my account? I bought my roku tv and the 4 digit code didn’t work and the link had me call a number. I believe this was a scam and I’m truly sad I spent that. Please help. 

Yes, it was a scam. You need to do two things immediately. First, log into your Roku user account and change the password. If you can't log in, then the scammers have taken control of your account and you need Roku assistance to get it back. Second, call your bank and contest the charge on your credit card. The scammers have your phone number, and may call you and try to scare or intimidate you to retract contesting the charge, but don't let them bother you. What they are doing is illegal, so they won't push anything, and in fact may even agree to return the charge. I've heard of it happening once or twice here.

How did they get you? When you typed the web address that you saw onscreen to link your Roku, your web browser offered suggested sites that matched what you had begun to type. The scammers have manipulated the search engines to make their phony site appear higher than the genuine site. When I tested the two major search engines, Google put the scammers at the top, while Bing placed them far, far down the list. The suggestions by the browser can be a good thing, but you really have to be careful where they might take you. The scammers depend on the user not noticing that the web address (URL) that you end up at doesn't match exactly what you were typing.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku.com/link has a scam in the very first link. It’s an ad, make sure you see the Roku purple “R” nest to the link. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: bein connect. I subscribed & paid fee but Roku doesn’t give me access to bein connect

Jump to solution

@larag 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It sounds as you may have contacted by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support. For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Thanks.
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Paying for update

Jump to solution

I Just bought a ONN ROKU smart tv. I tried to activate it at the site given an it failed and gave me a number to call. They said starting July 2020 because of third party scams and things they have changed many things. They said I had to choose which package I wanted. They were for 5 years. One at 59.99 am the other 103.99. Was this a scam. Because right after I received the email an payed through pay pal my tv started working. I never gave information of my tv or personal over the phone an my tv was then set up quickly. Is this a scam of some sort or true? They said it was for registration, activation and support was free???? Help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

IT WAS A SCAM!!!!  You didn't use the correct link no matter what you think.

https://my.roku.com/link

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

Try to change your Roku user account password immediately, and if you can't log in you need Roku support to get control of the account back. Also, contest the charge with PayPal. Don't let the scammers keep your money.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Does roku charge a registration fee?

Jump to solution

I was trying to set up a new roku device. I already had an account. While trying to set it up there was a message that my device couldn’t be set up and to call a number. I did this and paid 139.00 for a “lifetime” registration. Does this sound right or did I get scammed 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Does roku charge a registration fee?

Jump to solution

YOU GOT SCAMMED!!! Immediately dispute the charge and if it were me I'd get rid of that credit card (if that's what you used).

0 Kudos