Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: False advertisement

Jump to solution

@Monica9 wrote:

We tried to link an i-phone today, and it worked without any problem. The TV worked but we were unable to access any ROKU channels. Since we linked the I-phone it is working. Mine is an old TV a friend passed along to us with the Roku so I have no place to return it too. The whole problem has been maddening! 

Not following what you are saying. Are you connecting the Roku to a phone hotspot, and that's the only way the Roku has any content? This thread is about a completely different issue, and has nothing to do with connectivity. 

You should create a new thread that deals specifically with the issue you're having. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: set-up scam

Jump to solution

Where's the attached screen?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: set-up scam

Jump to solution

@renojim wrote:

Where's the attached screen?

Yes, this could be helpful.

Congrats on not getting sucked into this scam.  There are a bunch of scammers out there running this and similar scams but it's usually next to impossible to determine, after the fact, how the victims reached the scammer in the first place.

The screen shot mentioned might be helpful in explaining how you got into this situation.   It would be even more helpful if you can provide the actual URL you went to that produced that error screen, perhaps from your browser's history retention.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Asked to Subscribe to a three-year subscription in order to keep Roku

Jump to solution

Hi
I went to Registor a New Roku Express and The Code did not work. A Chat person came on z as nd said Roku was not free and had to subscribe to a $89.00 Basic Subscription . Then they cleared the code and it worked. I though Roku was Free? 
Is this a Scam?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: Asked to Subscribe to a three-year subscription in order to keep Roku

Jump to solution

@PeterRocco 

YES. You went to a SCAM web site instead of the true Roku site. You probably started typing in some browser, saw what looked like a link in the address line suggestion, and clicked it without verifying the true address it was going to. I assume you saw a phone number to call someplace? Roku has NO customer phone service. That is the 100% proof it is fake. If you actually paid, you need to IMMEDIATELY dispute it with them (they might cancel if you are lucky) and/or your credit card company. If you gave them ANY login info for your Roku account, IMMEDIATELY change the password!!

Here is the correct Roku address for linking:

https://my.roku.com/link

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Activation or Support Scam

Jump to solution

Thank you for that information. Do you know whether this information has been provided to the Federal Trade Commission? I reported the incident I had but only included the phone number I called in my report.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Does Roku charge for setting up device?

Jump to solution

Hi This scam is happening in India. Well know the company name that they have registered in USA. The Millennials LLC... Address : 123 Town Square place Unit 132 jersey city NJ 07310. They are operating from India and they have payment gateway through bank of america.... IF roku investigates this company and find out they can catch the entire group....
Hi I am from India but i feel everyone as same and nobody has to get cheated. I got more information about the company... they have payment gateway its a canadian payment gateway... So people who look at this please complain to federal commission and take necessary action to stop these frauds. Once if Fedreal investigation team look in to the transactions and call those people who paid and got cheated they can easily identify it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Activation scam

Jump to solution

Hi.

Today I bought my first roku product. Roku premier.

I unpack the item plug it to my tv and follow the instruction.

so comes the page where roku is giving me a code of activation.

it is asked for me to use my computer to connect to roku.com/link and give the code.

so on my phone browser I type word for word “roku.com/link”.

which lead me to a website, asking for my activation number. That i provided.

error, call the number.

so I call, and now I’m told aggressively that i need to pay an extra 50$ for activation.

I did not pay or give any information. They hanged the phone.

after a bit a search on internet and going to the roku true website. My registration is free and successful and the stick is working fine.

I do believe that something must be done to improve this step of the activation cause I’ve been led to the wrong website typing exactly what was on my tv. 

It is sad that it end up being my first experience with roku but i feel lucky to have not been robbed and I’m enjoying my product now.

I hope that will help someone.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Activation scam

Jump to solution

@Mattletudiant wrote:

Hi.

it is asked for me to use my computer to connect to roku.com/link and give the code.

error, call the number.

so I call, and now I’m told aggressively that i need to pay an extra 50$ for activation.

I did not pay or give any information. They hanged the phone.

after a bit a search on internet and going to the roku true website. My registration is free and successful and the stick is working fine.

I do believe that something must be done to improve this step of the activation cause I’ve been led to the wrong website typing exactly what was on my tv. 

It is sad that it end up being my first experience with roku but i feel lucky to have not been robbed and I’m enjoying my product now.

I hope that will help someone.

thanks.

If you typed exactly roku.com/link into your web browser's address bar and your browser went to a DIFFERENT website, you need to delete that browser!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Activation scam

Jump to solution

@Mattletudiant wrote:

Hi.

error, call the number.

The problem is something that all browsers do, which is offer suggestions based on what you are typing. Depending on the default search engine your browser uses, the scam sites will appear as suggestions before the genuine Roku site. When I tested Google and Bing, Google offered two different scam sites before offering the genuine site. Bing on the other hand offered the genuine site first.

The problem was, and it's not really your fault, is that you accepted the suggestion instead of typing the complete URL out. Again, it's what almost everyone does, and that's what the scammers are counting on. Roku is making changes to their activation process, but it appears that it doesn't appear on devices that have been shipped previously. Hopefully, they'll get everything cleared up soon, so we can wave goodbye to these con artists.

And congratulations for not falling for their scam and hanging up on them. That was the absolute correct thing to do. But be careful, because they now have your phone number. Don't be surprised if they continue calling trying to scare you into paying. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos