Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VickieW99
Level 7

Re: Activation or Support Scam

Jump to solution

Yes, I too got scammed out of $200 for REGISTRATION, when I got through to them, and called them out as a scam, they said they would return my money and would be cancelling my REGISTRATION... what they did was use my information (yes, I ;had given them my password) to change my password, and when I tried to retrieve the NEW password... the info did not go to my email address.  I think they cancelled my roku account... I cant get to my account.   I dont know what to do.  Please help.  Do I make a new roku and register again ( I have 4 TVs with roku )

thanks

0 Kudos
VickieW99
Level 7

Re: Has anyone been asked to pay a lifetime registration fee?

Jump to solution

Yes,, when i found out it was a scam, they locked me out of my account

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@VickieW99 wrote:

Yes, I too got scammed out of $200 for REGISTRATION, when I got through to them, and called them out as a scam, they said they would return my money and would be cancelling my REGISTRATION... what they did was use my information (yes, I ;had given them my password) to change my password, and when I tried to retrieve the NEW password... the info did not go to my email address.  I think they cancelled my roku account... I cant get to my account.   I dont know what to do.  Please help.  Do I make a new roku and register again ( I have 4 TVs with roku )

thanks

Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R with your account information. He might be able to help you get back in. You could also just create a new Roku user account and link your devices to the new account. That does require doing a factory reset and setting everything back up from scratch, but it gets you back in control of your account and devices. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Has anyone been asked to pay a lifetime registration fee?

Jump to solution

@VickieW99 

Thanks for the posts.

For account related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
moldman
Level 7

Jump to solution

If you haven't already done so . Do a factory reset and don't call anyone.  Only go to the website that the tv tells you to go to and link your device there. Don't do a search. Just type in the website link and you should be good. 

0 Kudos
Shack
Level 7

1-3-7 or lifetime contract fees

Jump to solution

Is there contract fee

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 16

Re: 1-3-7 or lifetime contract fees

Jump to solution

@Shack 

The Roku itself has no fee to use, no matter how many Roku's you own. The issue is that some people do not carefully type in the link address and end up at a scam site that makes you call a phone number. Roku NEVER shows the number on the TV screen, and it's extremely well hidden on their web site. If you ever see a message to call a number to activate, IT IS A SCAM!

Jewell82
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had a roku account a few years ago and suspended it because the device was given to me then my friend wanted it back so today I purchased a new roku express but it wouldn't take my code during setup and a number appeared for me to call so called and a foreign guy said I had to pay $59 subscription fee due to Covid to acctivate. When I told him I knew there was no fee he got rude and said to return it then hung up on me, still can't activate it and I am very frustrated, I need help please!

0 Kudos
SandmanXX
Level 10

Jump to solution

Easy to fix.  Go to www.roku.com and sign in, go to My Account.  (The little person in the circle, upper right) At the bottom, where it says My linked devices.  To UNlink your old roku, look right on the old device line, it says Unlink device.  Then, at the very top of the page, it says Activate a device.   Follow those directions.

(3) Roku Ultras 4670X, Samsung Q8 tv, Samsung NU7100 tv, Plex streaming from NAS
0 Kudos
standwest
Level 7

2 new Rokus hacked, blocked out of everything...

Jump to solution

Have purchased 2 new Rokus in the past few weeks. Upon trying to activate, I was given the notifcation that device could not connect or activate, ON YOUR ROKU SCREEN - given a number to call. I wasn't aware of the new scam by Caligeeks so I paid the $30 to activate the first one. After finding out, I cancelled the transaction through my credit card. 

But now neither Roku will connect to my internet, after trying to reset my Roku password, I was locked out of my computer. Also, have been locked/blocked out of my Netflix account, and other devices connected to the email linked to my Roku account. Completely locked out of my computer, MSN email address, Roku, EVERYTHING. 

After researching online I'm finding YOUR Rokus are clearly vulnerable and you are not answering your customer service calls. I need help ASAP. [personal information removed]

0 Kudos