Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Paying for update

Jump to solution

It's out of Roku's control.  Your real beef is with Google.  See how far complaining to them gets you since they're making money off of the scam artists.  The problem is people are searching for "roku/link" or something similar and clicking on the first suggestion Google gives them.  It's amazing how many people have no idea what a URL is and how to verify they're really on the Roku site and not some scam site made up to look just like Roku's.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I actually got my money back from scammers!

Jump to solution

I was scammed into paying for a registration fee for a Roku SE that I just purchased. I figured out that it was a scam and canceled my debit card, changed my password for roku and email account. I haven't reset the roku just yet. I called the number that I was given through the phone chat during set up and got no answer for days. I was about to give up and decided to call again and they actually answered. Anyways, they put me through the ringer about getting a refund and I finally told them exactly what I thought of them lol!! He told me he would try to see if he could refund, because the fee was "non refundable " and he would have to call me back. I said, "okay, sure you will." Soon, after the conversation I got and email saying my card was refunded, checked my account and there it was! Anyway, I just wanted to know if there are any other steps I need to take, can they hack into my daughter's phone since it was through the chat option that was used? They also have my phone number and email(changed password), can they hack into these? Thanks for advice!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Paying for update

Jump to solution

@marianne0801 wrote:

I don't understand why when you enter the code on your TV screen to activate a new Roku device from your laptop it gives you an error code and dumps you on to a scam website.

When you used your laptop to go try to go to the Roku website, your browser took you to the bogus scammer site, as has been explained in several posts already.  That site is written to reject ANY code you enter and start the process to scam you out of your funds, plus get your charge information that they can use again in the future or sell to others.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Fraudalent charge by ROKU developer BEKSOL LLC

Jump to solution

Hello,

I recently bought a second ROKU device from Amazon.  ROKU EXPRESS.  I did everything by the book in setting up the device,

I had trouble getting to the proper phase and had to call an 800 number to activate.  I had to pay $100.00 dollars to activate from a company called BEKSOL LLC.  No hundred; no activate.

I was not aware that ROKU had a policy for this activation, so after hemming and holloring gave in to the $100.00.

I think I was had as I cannot find anything on the ROKU sight to indicate this $100.00 extra payment.  I did everything by the book and got screwed for one hundred.  Did I miss something

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Fraudalent charge by ROKU developer BEKSOL LLC

Jump to solution

Anyone home out there????    Why can I not contact you folks ROKU on the phone??   I cannot fathom why I cannot talk to someone, when I was CONNED into paying a fradulent one hundred dollars right from ROKU software setup on second ROKU device EXPRESS. 

Why can I not talk to someone.  This forum is not comprehensiable.   HELP HELP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’ve been scammed! What do I do!?

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I’ve been scammed! What do I do!?

Jump to solution

@Sage071584 @Anderson6 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It sounds as you may have contacted by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Thanks.
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

@Anderson6 wrote:

Hello,

I recently bought a second ROKU device from Amazon.  ROKU EXPRESS.  I did everything by the book in setting up the device,

I had trouble getting to the proper phase and had to call an 800 number to activate.  I had to pay $100.00 dollars to activate from a company called BEKSOL LLC.  No hundred; no activate.

I was not aware that ROKU had a policy for this activation, so after hemming and holloring gave in to the $100.00.

I think I was had as I cannot find anything on the ROKU sight to indicate this $100.00 extra payment.  I did everything by the book and got screwed for one hundred.  Did I miss something

EXACTLY where did you see the 800 # that you called?  How did you find it?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

File for fraud with your credit card company.

No one that Roku will ever answer the phone or reply back via email. 

They Don't really Care.

I suggest returning your Roku device and getting a Google Chromecast.

I filed for fraud with my credit card company and they gave me the money back I had to change my credit card number because the company kept trying to charge it again. 

This is a very common problem that happens on the Roku. I see hundreds of these complaints a week.

Roku services free if anybody charged you they are scamming you...

How did they get away with it simply Roku doesn't care.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

$67.00 Charge to Activate ROKU

Jump to solution

I purchased ROKU Premium and was charged $67.00 to activate ROKU.  Had anyone else be charged to activate an account for ROKU?

0 Kudos