Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paying for update

Jump to solution

@marianne0801 wrote:

I don't understand why when you enter the code on your TV screen to activate a new Roku device from your laptop it gives you an error code and dumps you on to a scam website.

When you used your laptop to go try to go to the Roku website, your browser took you to the bogus scammer site, as has been explained in several posts already.  That site is written to reject ANY code you enter and start the process to scam you out of your funds, plus get your charge information that they can use again in the future or sell to others.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
Anderson6
Level 7

Fraudalent charge by ROKU developer BEKSOL LLC

Jump to solution

Hello,

I recently bought a second ROKU device from Amazon.  ROKU EXPRESS.  I did everything by the book in setting up the device,

I had trouble getting to the proper phase and had to call an 800 number to activate.  I had to pay $100.00 dollars to activate from a company called BEKSOL LLC.  No hundred; no activate.

I was not aware that ROKU had a policy for this activation, so after hemming and holloring gave in to the $100.00.

I think I was had as I cannot find anything on the ROKU sight to indicate this $100.00 extra payment.  I did everything by the book and got screwed for one hundred.  Did I miss something

0 Kudos
Anderson6
Level 7

Re: Fraudalent charge by ROKU developer BEKSOL LLC

Jump to solution

Anyone home out there????    Why can I not contact you folks ROKU on the phone??   I cannot fathom why I cannot talk to someone, when I was CONNED into paying a fradulent one hundred dollars right from ROKU software setup on second ROKU device EXPRESS. 

Why can I not talk to someone.  This forum is not comprehensiable.   HELP HELP

0 Kudos
Sage071584
Level 7

I’ve been scammed! What do I do!?

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I’ve been scammed! What do I do!?

Jump to solution

@Sage071584 @Anderson6 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It sounds as you may have contacted by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Thanks.
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Boz
Level 11

Jump to solution

@Anderson6 wrote:

Hello,

I recently bought a second ROKU device from Amazon.  ROKU EXPRESS.  I did everything by the book in setting up the device,

I had trouble getting to the proper phase and had to call an 800 number to activate.  I had to pay $100.00 dollars to activate from a company called BEKSOL LLC.  No hundred; no activate.

I was not aware that ROKU had a policy for this activation, so after hemming and holloring gave in to the $100.00.

I think I was had as I cannot find anything on the ROKU sight to indicate this $100.00 extra payment.  I did everything by the book and got screwed for one hundred.  Did I miss something

EXACTLY where did you see the 800 # that you called?  How did you find it?

0 Kudos
moorejrd
Level 7

Jump to solution

File for fraud with your credit card company.

No one that Roku will ever answer the phone or reply back via email. 

They Don't really Care.

I suggest returning your Roku device and getting a Google Chromecast.

I filed for fraud with my credit card company and they gave me the money back I had to change my credit card number because the company kept trying to charge it again. 

This is a very common problem that happens on the Roku. I see hundreds of these complaints a week.

Roku services free if anybody charged you they are scamming you...

How did they get away with it simply Roku doesn't care.

0 Kudos
gray9
Level 7

$67.00 Charge to Activate ROKU

Jump to solution

I purchased ROKU Premium and was charged $67.00 to activate ROKU.  Had anyone else be charged to activate an account for ROKU?

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 16

Re: $67.00 Charge to Activate ROKU

Jump to solution

@gray9 

You were SCAMMED. When you went to activate it, you probably did not go to the true Roku site at https://www.roku.com/ or use the true Roku link site at https://my.roku.com/link

You probably either used Siri/Hey Google, or started typing the address in your browser, and just picked the first thing that popped up after typing in a few characters. That almost always leads to a 'service' that scams you into paying to activate. They game the search engines, and Google and others would charge Roku millions of $$$ to put their links first.

IMMEDIATELY call your credit card company and dispute the charge. If you called a number to activate (Roku has NO real phone support), you can try to call them and if you are lucky and complain enough, they may refund the charge. You may also want to go to the true Roku site linked above, change your account password, and double-check any info on it for accuracy.

0 Kudos
barb013
Level 8

Re: Fraud - Activation Scam Un Masked

Jump to solution

I am a 68 year old woman with Parkinsons and was delighted when I bought my Roku. Trying to activate it I got an error message and a number to call. When I called they said they set up an account but it would be 99.00 for 3 years. I had a funny feeling and I hung up-he called me 5 times but I didn't pick up, Then I called again and the same thing happened. I told him it was free as stated on the screen but he insisted it was a one time fee. I said I didn't want it and I wanted to return my TV to just normal but he said it couldn't be done. I googled setting up the TV and luckily I came upon sites for activation without a credit card number. This is horrible. Treating people like this. It is on the set up screen so it has to be from Roku??

0 Kudos