Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Activation or Support Scam

Jump to solution

Also report to the BBB. They will get you your money back. It is a US based business running the scam. Roku's neighbor actually.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Charge for having more than 3 devices on IP address?

Jump to solution

When trying to activate my new soundbar I received an error code. I was directed to “Roku digimart” who said I cannot have have more than 3 devices to an IP address. I was charges a “lifetime fee”. Feel I was scammed. Has anyone had a similar experience?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Charge for having more than 3 devices on IP address?

Jump to solution

You were scammed!  You did not go to the Roku website.  Dispute the charge with your credit card company.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Why was I charged a one time $99.99? I was told a new policy starting November2019And all users

Jump to solution

I also received an activation error when I tried to activate my streaming stick using an iPhone. The person asked for a $69.99 or $99 activation fee. Said it was standard, but it sounded fishy to me. I re-activated on my computer and there was no fee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Why was I charged a one time $99.99? I was told a new policy starting November2019And all users

Jump to solution

@West12 wrote:

I also received an activation error when I tried to activate my streaming stick using an iPhone. The person asked for a $69.99 or $99 activation fee. Said it was standard, but it sounded fishy to me. I re-activated on my computer and there was no fee.

Good work not believing them. I believe the biggest issue is the auto-complete function that all browsers have. Because the scammers have manipulated the search engines, their bogus site is at the top of the suggested sites, and people naturally accept it. Just today I've deleted about 40+ posts on another forum and disabled over 60 user accounts for posting this sort of stuff that tricks the search engine bots. I can check back in 15 minutes and there's another 6-10 that I have to delete.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 7

TV setup charge

Jump to solution

We were setting up a new Roku TV and the code didn't work and we were asked to contact roku. We were then told that the device was locked and that there were no more free accounts and that we could pay something like $80 for 3 years, 145 for 10 and 180 for a lifetime. Is this normal? We just bought the Roku tv to stream other channels, Not Roku watchers. Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I got scammed, need help

Jump to solution

Hi, I got scammed into paying for a registration fee of 79.99 for 3 yrs on my new Roku SE. It was through an online chat on my phone. They opened up a new account on this Roku site, so now I have two accounts. If I cancel the account they made, it will probably affect the new device I'm assuming. What should I do, can I reset the new device. Can the people that scammed me hack in the device, I changed the password on the account they set up. I'm just not sure what I need to do. Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: TV setup charge

Jump to solution

@bucki345 

You got sucked into a scam site. If there is a problem with the code entry on the legitimate Roku site, it just asks you to try again -- it doesn't ask you to go to another site or call toll free number.

When setting up, the on-screen instruction tell you to go to roku.com/link. You should end up at https://roku.com/link (or be redirected to https://my.roku.com/link). If you enter roku.com/link in your web browser but it sends you to some other site (either via address completion suggestions or by doing a web search) then you've gotten misdirected to a scam site.

Roku does not charge to set up or register a Roku device, and there are no annual or multiyear subscriptions.

If you signed up for anything through such a site, contest the charge with your credit card immediately.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TV setup charge

Jump to solution

Thank you so much

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Paying for update

Jump to solution

Is there no way to stop these "third parties" from scamming people out of $80, $100 or $120?  That's what someone from "hokis Solutions" told me I had to pay to activate my upgraded Roku Ultras.  I don't understand why when you enter the code on your TV screen to activate a new Roku device from your laptop it gives you an error code and dumps you on to a scam website.  Can Roku not stop that from happening?  Luckily I refused to pay anything even though the person on the phone told me I had to pay immediately or he wouldn't "update my software".  When I hung up on him, my Roku activation screen went to a Guest mode that I was unable to disable for at least a half hour!

0 Kudos