Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Comptek

Jump to solution

@jstap724 wrote:

Please explain how much simpler that is than this being the alternative?

Whom are you asking, and in reference to what? Without you quoting the person, it can be difficult to follow the conversation. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I think I was scammed

Jump to solution

I think I've been scammed, I paid $79.99 for a 3yr subscription, does roku have packages to purchase?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: I think I was scammed

Jump to solution

Sorry, you were scammed.  Dispute the charge with your credit card company.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: I think I was scammed

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response, I can't seem to get ahold of anyone for customer service. I changed my password on the roku device, do you know if that is enough to keep them from hacking back in the device or are there any other steps to take? Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Roku phone

Jump to solution

@chintansharma wrote:

Yeah, i know. They dont have anything of mine. They told before the call started that they will charge for this service, and i opt for that

But why?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Activation or Support Scam

Jump to solution

Yes I was charged  like 60 something for activation fees also but I should of knew better cause all my other 3 tvs.have roku.This was a roku tv so I guess I wasn't really sure and assumed he was right

0 Kudos
Level 21

Jump to solution

@zoejournee wrote:

Yes I was charged  like 60 something for activation fees also but I should of knew better cause all my other 3 TVs have Roku. This was a Roku TV so I guess I wasn't really sure and assumed he was right

I do hope you immediately contested the charges and changed your Roku account password. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: More info! Re: Replace device if scammed?

Jump to solution

So I guess we just screwed?Is there anything we can do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

No I didn't dag.How to get that done? I need to change my email also wanna change whole account anyway

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@zoejournee wrote:

No I didn't dag.How to get that done? I need to change my email also wanna change whole account anyway

Your credit card company permits contesting a charge within a specified period of time. You'd have to check with them to see if you are still within the time period. Tell them you were tricked into playing for something that is free, and that you wish to contest the charge. They will take it from there.

While you can have Roku support change your email address, since you were caught by the scammers I suggest creating a completely new Roku account with the new email address. Then do a factory reset on your Roku device and set it up on the new account as if it was a new device. Just make sure you follow exactly what is on the TV screen when it's time to authenticate the device to your account. And absolutely do not call any phone number claiming to be Roku support for help with the activation. Smiley Very Happy

Dan
0 Kudos