Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Activation fee?

Jump to solution

I recently was told I had to pay 79.99 for activation of a new Roku tv as well from a CT number . When i disputed the charge on PayPal after I thought it seemed fishy, was told he would upgrade me to a lifetime membership. Can you help or give me further info?

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Activation fee?

Jump to solution

@Rskaubler 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information visit our Support pages here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Really

Jump to solution

As already mentioned above, activating a Roku account has always been FREE.

As for your statement, "i can't do anything with roku", that's completely wrong!

All on the following list are just SOME of the services that have free content available via Roku.

--FREE STREAMING SERVICES (Selection; Others Also Available)--
ABC abc.com [Limited Free Content]
ABC NEWS abcnews.go.com/Live
CBS NEWS cbsnews.com/live
COMET comettv.com
COURT TV courttv.com
CRACKLE crackle.com (Previously Sony; Sony Still Partner)
CW SEED cwseed.com
FILMRISE filmrise.com
FOX fox.com [Limited Free Content]
HAYSTACK TV haystack.tv [Local News]
HOOPLA hoopladigital.com [Need Library Card]
IMDB imdb.com/tv (Amazon) [Limited Free Content]
KANOPY kanopy.com [Need Library Card]
LIVESTREAM NEWS NETWORK livestream.com/news [Local News]
NBC nbc.com [Limited Free Content]
NEWSNET yournewsnet.com
NewsON newson.us [Local News]
PBS pbs.org [Limited Free Content]
PEACOCK TV peacocktv.com (Comcast/NBCUniversal; Expected July, 2020)
PLEX plex.tv
PLUTO TV pluto.tv (ViacomCBS)
POPCORNFLIX popcornflix.com
RED BULL TV redbull.com
REDBOX redbox.com/stream-free-live-tv
SHOUT! FACTORY TV shoutfactorytv.com
SLING sling.com [Limited Free Content]
STIRR stirr.com (Sinclair)
THE CW cwtv.com
THE ROKU CHANNEL therokuchannel.roku.com
TUBI tubitv.com (Fox Corporation Acquiring; Expected 6/20)
VUDU vudu.com [Limited Free Content] [Free Signup; Can Use walmart.com Acct] (Walmart; Fandango (Comcast/NBCUniversal) Acquiring)
YOUTUBE shorturl.at/bMOQX [Movies]
XUMO corp.xumo.com (Viant (Myspace Parent); Comcast Acquiring)

Please post back if you have any other questions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Really

Jump to solution

How were you told to call Roku? What was the phone number? 

Report your experience to customer.advocate@roku.com   File a complaint with the FTC at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Roku phone

Jump to solution

We tried contacting your support for Roku Activation Code (DO NOT GO HERE) as we had some issues, but had to wait a long time.  As i was surfing through internet, these guys did charged but i was told before only so i was aware of that and was charged $49. All Okay. I was later told about https://www.roku.com/about/contact to visit 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@chintansharma wrote:

We tried contacting your support for Roku Activation Code as we had some issues, but had to wait a long time. As i was surfing through internet, these guys did charged but i was told before only so i was aware of that and was charged $49. All Okay. 

If you paid them money, you were conned. that is not a Roku support site. They are scammers. Immediately contest the charge with your bank card, and change your Roku account password. If they have access to your Roku account, you may need to create a new one. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yeah, i know. They dont have anything of mine. They told before the call started that they will charge for this service, and i opt for that

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Why dont google blocks these kind of websites, i wonder many website would charge something around $99 to $249

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Because Google makes money from these websites paying to have their search result placed first.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Comptek

Jump to solution

Please explain how much simpler that is than this being the alternative?

0 Kudos