Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 15

Re: Beware when you call customer support

Jump to solution
Obviously you were talking to a scam site. Where did you get the phone number in the first place?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Beware when you call customer support

Jump to solution

@Ajean1 

Thanks for the note.

It sounds as you may have contacted by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support. For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Thanks.
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Anybody had dealings with Comptek?  They just charged me $299 to set up my ROKU a/c

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Comptek

Jump to solution

NO

There are some scams out there.

This sounds like one.

It doesnt cost anything to set up a Roku account.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Comptek

Jump to solution

Your understanding may be a misnomer.

If they are setting up Internet for you. for your initial time this

might include installation a Modem/Router plus. It isnt necessarily Roku at all.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

GEEK STATION charged scam?

Jump to solution

I was charged $89.00 as a one-time subscription for ALL CHANNESL INCLUDING ALL of  the premium channels (Showtime, HBO, BET, etc by GEEK STATION. They told me it was a mandatory charge for ALL three of my ROKU TVs. But now I can no longer get in touch with them. I don't want to pay two different companies for same service. What can I do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Why was I charged a one time $99.99? I was told a new policy starting November2019And all users

Jump to solution

I was recently charged by Beksol LLC $99.99 to activate my Hisense Roku tv. The person said I had to pay a 1 time $99.99 for 5 years or $149.00 for lifetime of their web service in order to activate my tv. I explained I already had internet so why did I need this. Im in the process now trying to get my money back. I took the tv back. I dont know who is really behind this scam. Im gonna stick with the Roku devices less hassle

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Why was I charged a one time $99.99? I was told a new policy starting November2019And all users

Jump to solution

@Ctown2 wrote:

I was recently charged by Beksol LLC $99.99 to activate my Hisense Roku tv. The person said I had to pay a 1 time $99.99 for 5 years or $149.00 for lifetime of their web service in order to activate my tv. I explained I already had internet so why did I need this. Im in the process now trying to get my money back. I took the tv back. I dont know who is really behind this scam. Im gonna stick with the Roku devices less hassle

Unfortunately, yes you were scammed. I hope you're successful getting your money back. But it had nothing to do with it being a Hisense TV. Those lousy scammers have manipulated the search engines to bring their scam site up if you don't enter the Roku URL precisely as presented. Don't feel too bad, as they've tricked a huge number of people. I read that Roku is changing the method of authentication and registration that should put an end to the scammers. Hopefully it will roll out soon, although I'm uncertain if it will help devices already in the distribution channel. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

Re: GEEK STATION

Jump to solution

You got scammed.  Take it up with your credit card company.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Beware of scammers when activating

Jump to solution

When I went to activate my new roku - this was with the newer(?) code on screen activation rather than email activation - I went to the described web site to enter the code. There were a few redirects and I ended up at some site where an 'agent' listed the various 'packages' I could purchase. I was assured that this was a one time fee, but I was NOT told that this was completely unnecessary.

I had read at the bottom of the roku screen that there was no charge for activation, so I asked for a new code, followed the web site instructions again and this time was successful.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING TO ACTIVATE YOUR ROKU!

What I find curious is that I doubt that Roku was a victim of a man-in-middle attack, so  how did I end up at these sites?

Has Roku made deals with other companies to allow them one time access to Roku's customers for marketing purposes?

0 Kudos