Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ROKU Tech Wants to Access My Bank Account

Jump to solution

@mdturn1 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

It sounds as you may have contacted by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support, nor will they ask you for your personal account information. For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku scam

Jump to solution

My mother had an activation code issue when setting up her Roku. On the device there was a call for help option , in which she did. A man with a foreign accent going by the name of Jerry Wish assisted her and charged her a one time non refundable “ activation fee of $197.98 and said the charge would be from Creative Marketing Solutions. After calling customer service on her behalf I found  this was not at all legit and likely a scam. Other than cancelling the credit card she used, any advice on other steps she should take to protect herself? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

@Allsmiles wrote:

My mother had an activation code issue when setting up her Roku. On the device there was a call for help option , in which she did. A man with a foreign accent going by the name of Jerry Wish assisted her and charged her a one time non refundable “ activation fee of $197.98 and said the charge would be from Creative Marketing Solutions. After calling customer service on her behalf I found  this was not at all legit and likely a scam. Other than cancelling the credit card she used, any advice on other steps she should take to protect herself? 

If she provided them her Roku account information (password, email address) I would change them immediately. But absolutely contest the charges with the CC company. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Allsmiles 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It sounds as you may have contacted by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Thanks.
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Tech support says you have to pay $69.95 to update your roku device.

Jump to solution

I have recently been scammed for $39.99 by a "company" called Caligeeks during a setup of a Roku Streaming Stick.

Do not call any toll-free numbers during set-up/activation. Roku, please shut down these scammers !

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Tech support says you have to pay $69.95 to update your roku device.

Jump to solution

@petro883 wrote:

I have recently been scammed for $39.99 by a "company" called Caligeeks during a setup of a Roku Streaming Stick.

Do not call any toll-free numbers during set-up/activation. Roku, please shut down these scammers !

Thank you

I hope you used a credit card and have disputed the charges. Also make sure you update your Roku account password, just to be safe.

Unfortunately, there's little Roku can do about these scam sites. Most often they aren't located in the US, which makes identifying them and getting law enforcement to do anything is problematic at best. I'm certain they'd love to be able to make it happen. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

On Thursday Feb. 27, 2020, I accepted a phone call that said I had to pay for update and that it would cost $299 for lifetime or $199 for 3 months I said send me an email with the account number and Roku's Title on page she said she could not do that she was the CEO assistant and was told to do this otherwise they would turn off my Roku Channels.   So I said turn it off I am not paying nothing.   I don't know if it was a scam but things are still working!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Scam

Jump to solution

It was definitely a scam, there is no fee for Roku devices. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 8

Support / Activation Scam

Jump to solution

Don't visit https://vincomsoft.com/, this is a certified Roku Activation SCAM WEBSITE. It's going to ask you to enter your TV's link code and say that it's not working, and it will redirect you to a website asking to CALL a number, by which you will mysteriously get disconnected after speaking with someone. They will then call you back and say that you need to pay $100 or more to Activate the TV.

@Roku Team, I hope you can take action on this.

Vincomsoft_Roku_SCAM.jpg

Vincomsoft_Roku_SCAM2.jpg