Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku subscription

Jump to solution

@Gail29 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It sounds as if you may have contacted by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Charged $100 from Winners Technology LLC for setting up

Jump to solution

I tried to contact you but too long a wait.  I like a few others have been scammed by Winners Technology LLC.  They must have hacked you, because, when I plugged in my Roku, I tried to put in the code at roku.com/link.  It would not accept the code and said there was an error, and up popped a chat message telling me to call a telephone number to resolve it.  They said ROKU was adding security on their system, etc., and we would need to purchase a life-time security "thing." They did not give us an out for a free version. I'm not remembering all the information they told me; however, the Pro Life-time version would cost $269.99. So, much to my dismay, we agreed and they charged me $269.99 plus tax.  After I saw their charge on my credit card bill, the name of the business did not sound right, so I did a search on Winners Technology LLC and discovered they must be spanners. I found out this on your Community blog. I am taking action to cancel my credit card, and changed all my passwords. I would like to know more from you on what action you are taking on your end for this not to happen to others. They somehow have hacked your website.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Charged $100 from Winners Technology LLC for setting up

Jump to solution

YOU WERE NOT ON A ROKU SITE!  THIS IS ON YOU!  NO ONE HACKED ANYONE.  LEARN HOW TO ENTER A URL PROPERLY!

0 Kudos
Level 7

New subscription fees as of January 1,2020??

Jump to solution

I called the number provided on my TV when I was setting up my Roku. Customer service agent Adan said I needed to pay him, the cheapest was $99.99 for a 1 year subscription. Is this real?! It says all over the website that Roku is free to use. So now I don't have any roku because customer service agent Adan turned it all off

Why would I buy the Roku and then buy Netflix and Hulu and all the other channels I want for a monthly fee and then have to pay $99 a year to subscribe for Roku? That doesn't make any sense and it's stated like I said all over that is a free service. So I'm really confused as to what the heck to do

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: New subscription fees as of January 1,2020??

Jump to solution

This is a SCAM, not Roku!   Parasite companies have a toll-free number and charge to set up your Roku when you could do it yourself.

Are you sure your Roku is not working? Reboot it and see what happens.

If the scammers have found a way to brick your Roku, that's a new low.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

FACTORY reset your Roku. Instructions are available here:

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-

When you create the Roku account, make sure your computer or phone or tablet is doing at at:

https://www.roku.com/

When the Roku asks to link to your account, make sure you FULLY type in EXACTLY what it shows. Do NOT talk to your phone, do not use a pop-up from search as you type. This is the link address:

https://my.roku.com/link

If you get some phone number on-screen before even getting to a link code, then something is wrong. Either the Roku was hacked, or your Internet service is hacked.

Like most tech companies, Roku phone support is impossible to find. They number is extremely well hidden, and it is NOT an 800 series number.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

No its not working, everything went blank ! Wtf. Ill try snd reboot it, thats so wrong man. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

If this is a roku tv, with power on, there is factory reset pinhole around the inputs, depress for a good long 50 seconds. When it comes back, set the language, input the internet, you should come to page with link code. Take roku.com/link input it on your computer or cellphone browser address bar. DO NOT enter it into a search engine like google!!!

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU Tech Wants to Access My Bank Account

Jump to solution

A ROKU Tech Called 14 Feb 20  Indicating ROKU was to refund me  $150.00 previously paid for an upgrade. Instead of forwarding a Check, or Reapplying the funds  back to the credit card, He wanted to Post the refund directly into my bank account. I DID NOT provide him DIRECT access to my Banking Account And After some Heated Debate the call ended. QUESTIONS: (1) Is this normally how ROKU processes business transactions? (2) Is there a serious issue with ROKU personnel trying to SCAM bank accounts?  (3) What is the integrity of ROKU as a whole, given that a bona-fide company technician would try to directly access a Customer's Banking  Account data? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: ROKU Tech Wants to Access My Bank Account

Jump to solution

It was almost certainly a scam. It sounds like you got scammed out of $150 earlier? Roku didn't take the money, so they would not be trying to return it. It was a phishing attempt to get your info. I hope you had used a credit card or something for that 'upgrade' and disputed with the credit card company or bank.

0 Kudos