Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku phone

Jump to solution

@Boaoxgrl15 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It sounds as if you may have contacted by a third party support. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

If you would like us to take a look at your account and make everything has been set up properly, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku phone

Jump to solution

You have taken money out of my checking account with out my ok. Now I want my 27.72 put back in my checking account because I decided not to have Roku and canceled it two days after I got it


@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It sounds as if you may have contacted by a third party support. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support. For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?


Thanks.
Danny



@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It sounds as if you may have contacted by a third party support. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support. For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?


Thanks.
Danny


 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Error Code 14.30 called Customer service number being asked to pay $69.99 to update

Jump to solution

Haven't used the Roku in a couple of Months, went to use it last week and it will not let me connect to my network, when I called your customer service I was told that there was an update and that there was a fee to update. I don't understand why I am being charged. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Error Code 14.30 called Customer service number being asked to pay $69.99 to update

Jump to solution

@sybilsometimes wrote:

Haven't used the Roku in a couple of Months, went to use it last week and it will not let me connect to my network, when I called your customer service I was told that there was an update and that there was a fee to update. I don't understand why I am being charged. 


You didn't reach the real Roku customer service. You contacted a scam site. Roku does not charge for accounts, updates, or features. If you dialed a toll free number, it wasn't Roku. The fact they asked for a payment means it wasn't Roku. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku phone

Jump to solution

@Trucker61 wrote:

You have taken money out of my checking account with out my ok. Now I want my 27.72 put back in my checking account because I decided not to have Roku and canceled it two days after I got it



 


Who took money out?  Who does it say the person is from your bank statement/whatever source you know that someone took money out?  Call your bank and dispute the charge.

(3) Roku Ultras 4670X, Samsung Q8 tv, Samsung NU7100 tv
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Does Roku charge for setting up device?

Jump to solution

@pactec wrote:

I just purchased a new Roku Premiere and when I was setting it up it locked up and asked me to call 855-256-4555 to set up the player. I called and they said there were 3 programs available. A 5 year plan for 79.99, a 10 year plan for like $100, and a lifetime plan for $179. Told me about all the free movies and all. I told them no thanks and hung up. Is this for real? I will be taking this Roku back.

[post moved to appropriate board and title changed to denote issue]


Did you actually read the quick start guide?  It says on the bottom of the activation page that roku DOES NOT charge for activation, and beware of scams.  

(3) Roku Ultras 4670X, Samsung Q8 tv, Samsung NU7100 tv
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Support entered wrong email now can’t access other channel from other roku

Jump to solution

@andyross wrote:

I think Roku should start putting the support phone number, if they have one, on the packaging, and even on a label on the device. That would make it a bit harder for this scam. They should also prominently post it on the roku.com home page. They should also put a pinned post in every one of these forums with support info, including the phone number.

But then, like most tech companies, they do not want you to use expensive phone support.


Well, it DOES say, at the bottom of the quickstart guide, in the case of the Roku Ultra, step 5, :

Note:  Roku does not charge for activation support - beware of scams.

 

That is it, exactly, in a lightly gray shaded field at the bottom 1/6th or 1/8 of the page, easy to read, not easy to miss. (BOLD theirs, not mine)  I don't know much else of what they can do, except maybe put it on a clear tape label that you have to remove to hook anything up on the back of the unit.

Or, maybe, put some kind of small banner on the front of the box "NO charge for activation or support!"

Or even "FREE activation!"  again, on the front of the box Smiley Happy

(3) Roku Ultras 4670X, Samsung Q8 tv, Samsung NU7100 tv
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Did you pay an activation fee?

Jump to solution

With all the posts of people somehow calling a number shown on the Roku itself and being charged a fee to activate your Roku, I would like to know something:

Who is your Internet Service Provider? (Comcast, Charter, AT&T, etc....)

Are you using your own equipment, or a modem or gateway provided by your ISP?

 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Activation Error Code

Jump to solution

Chat session with set up error on computer led to SCAM! I gave email and password before I knew this, so Roku C/S beware scammers trying to help me with setup error and charge me a one time fee of $69.99. BUT they got my email and password. This is a problem you need to make known to others who buy your product and get scammed. Buyers Beware

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Activation scam

Jump to solution

I paid 107.00 for set up will I ever get that back

0 Kudos