Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 15

Re: SCREWED BLUED AND TATTOOED

Jump to solution

IT'S A SCAM!!!  You're at least the third person to report this.  Just to be clear, the number is appearing on your TV?  Not a computer or phone?  If it's on the TV, how is some scammer hacking Roku TVs?  What model TV and where did you get it?

-JT

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: SCREWED BLUED AND TATTOOED

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please be aware that Roku will never charge for support or device activation services. 

For more information about activation, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Activation scam

Jump to solution

This just happened to me, I was trying to activate a Roku and it said it was locked and had me call that number.  He said that they required an activation of $150 now. I was pissed and hung up and tried to do it myself and realized it was a scam. It was too late as he had already had access all of my Roku information which has my PayPal in it. These people are just getting too sneaky

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Tech support says you have to pay $69.95 to update your roku device.

Jump to solution

I was scammed $68.95 for Set up fee....called and cancelled the charge about hour later and cancelled card...I just got an online request to verify charge from some company called Pueblisoft....do I write back telling them to cancel or that I know they are scam??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Inspirator wrote:

I was scammed $68.95 for Set up fee....called and cancelled the charge about hour later and cancelled card...I just got an online request to verify charge from some company called Pueblisoft....do I write back telling them to cancel or that I know they are scam??

It's a scam. Don't verify or acknowledge anything. Smiley Happy

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Why was I charged a one time $99.99? I was told a new policy starting November2019And all users

Jump to solution

While trying to activate a Roku TV I bought from a friend, after trying to activate using the TV and my phone, I also got the error message, so I called the number.

Guy answered and told me, no problem, he could help...  He helped he "set up" my account, then explained the new November 2019 "rule" about "mandatory" registration for new activation.  $79.99 for couple years, $129.99 for life.  Told him that I had read on the TV itself and online that there were no fees; he stated again about the new "mandatory" rule.

It felt wrong, so I stalled; he then stated that he could give me 30% off on his employee card and give me lifetime for $99.69.

He said it was good for 30 minutes then the account would be deleted.

I asked if I could do all this online and he stated "no"! 

He did give me a name(obviously false), number and extension.

I waited one hour, then went online, created an account, activated my device, and have been watching TV just fine since.

I look forward to contact from Roku to address this scam!!!

Walker

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Why was I charged a one time $99.99? I was told a new policy starting November2019And all users

Jump to solution

These scammers have really gotten good. I have no idea how people are getting their contact information, but please, everyone just remember that Roku does not charge for accounts, there's no such thing as an "upgraded" account, and Roku does not charge to register a device. There's no limit on the number of devices you can have on a single account. If the support phone number is toll-free, IT'S A SCAM SITE!, If they want to charge you, IT'S A SCAM SITE. If they want to connect to your computer to "assist", IT'S A SCAM SITE!

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I think Roku supports this money grab through 3rd parties. Rokuu does not provide a support phone number in their booklet to resolve this activation problem. They are not diligent in correctng this problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@mloyu wrote:

I think Roku supports this money grab through 3rd parties. Roku does not provide a support phone number in their booklet to resolve this activation problem. They are not diligent in correcting this problem

You can think that if you want, but I highly doubt it. There's nothing they can do against these scammers if they are located somewhere outside the US, as our laws don't apply to them. Roku does have a support phone number, but you have to work through the self-help system on their web site first. And again, there's nothing they can do to assist with this issue because they aren't the ones that did it. When I just activated a new Roku last week, they had an advisory message on the screen that Roku does not charge to register a device or for a user account. Exactly what else do you think they can do?

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support and there is never a charge to create a Roku account.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos