Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: setup

Jump to solution

I think the admins would like to know about this....

if you click on  @RokuTannerD or @RokuDanny-R   and send them a Private message.

Where did you buy this from?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Bought it from Best Buy a few days ago and just installed it. How do I contact these people about this problem?

Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

So you plugged it in and it came on the screen?

It doesnt cost anything at that point.

Somethings hokey. Dont take it back til you talk to them.

Just click on one of the names or both View profile and on the right side down a bit

Click send a Private Message

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I started set up and got to the screen to put in activation code and it would not take the code. Walked away from it for a bit and then when I came back it had text on screen to call the number and it was locked up. They answered as Roku but I am sure it was a scam. As soon as they explained the program cost i thought that Roku didnt work that way so I cut off the call. Very strange. They got my email and home address but that was it.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I did send a private message to admin. Thanks for that info.

Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

With roku powered up and turned in on the tv, use pen to reset the roku using pin hole in the back of the roku. Once it comes back, and you enter your network and password. When your on the screen with link code, do not enter roku.com/link into google or whatever search engine you use, go to your internet browser, backspace and clear address line, enter there directly. You'll be playing with your roku tonight.

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you all. I was able to get the Roku set up earlier. Weird issue with the phone call. 

0 Kudos
Level 14

Who's customer service? The Roku itself has no fee to use it.

Be aware there are many scam sites and phone numbers going around.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@JaniceCross 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please be aware that Roku does not charge for device activation.

For more information about how to activate or link a Roku streaming device, visit our Support page here: How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Charged for 6 yrs of subsciptions

Jump to solution

I tried to set up another device in another room.  Received error code.  Called the number on the screen and was told that I had to pay to have my two devices linked to one account.  I was charged $99.99 for 6 years and 7 devices.  Also They said I was entitled to 300 more free stations.   They charged my debit card and now I find that what I should have done was set the second device up under another e-mail address.  Then the second device would have been free.

NOWHERE and at no time was I ever told this.  Even the web pages don't tell you about these charges.  I feel like the person on the other end of the phone should have told me my options before telling me that my only option was to PAY THEM. 

There would have been better communications between me and the man on the other end if he could have spoke ENGLISH. 

We now try to call the phone number given and there is NO ANSWER. 

0 Kudos