Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Activating 2nd Roku with an active Roku account

I have purchased two Roku Premieres for personal usage. I set up the first Roku and I was able to activate it fine with my Roku account. I decided that I would not enter any Roku payment information, as I have no plans to use these for such things. Now I went to activate the second Roku, and it wants me to enter my email to send an activation link. I do that, and I go to the link and it wants to me enter Roku pay information. Why? I've already made my choice in my Roku account, but it will not let me activate this second Roku device without entering card information. This process should not be that hard. It's my choice as a consumer if I want to enter my card information. Why is this required?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Activating 2nd Roku with an active Roku account

@natefinley  Thanks for the note here. I'm sorry to hear about the issue. Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the Device ID for your second device (printed on the box or on the device) and I'll help you get your device linked. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks. I will send you a private message here shortly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I don't want to activate a 2nd Roku device yet, I want to make my laptop accessable to the tv that I set up with my desktop but I didn't write down my link code and can't figure out how to find it.  I looked up so suggestions and it said to go to my 'player section', but I can't find a 'player section' under my settings or system on my tv from my Roku home page.  Is there any way I can retrieve my link code so I can add my laptop ?  Thanks for any help.