Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YAMSMAY
Level 7

Account lockout

I have a 2 roku's. The one i purchased links to my account very well and the other one was givin to meh by my grandfather. I tried to link the second one to my roku account and it says thats its not the account used for this. How do i bypass and or get my account linked in ?? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Account lockout

@YAMSMAY wrote:

I have a 2 roku's. The one i purchased links to my account very well and the other one was givin to meh by my grandfather. I tried to link the second one to my roku account and it says thats its not the account used for this. How do i bypass and or get my account linked in ?? 

If your grandfather can't/won't log in to https://my.roku.com scroll down and click Unlink, then there is an alternate method.

Go into the menu system and do a Factory Reset. Even though the device is linked to his account, there's no reason it won't work on your network. I run Roku devices tied to separate accounts on my network.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos