Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Account Hacked & Email Changed

Jump to solution

Last night my Roku & Hulu Account were hacked and they changed the email address to my account with my store credit card information. I was able to contact HULU and they fixed everything and were able to recover my account. 

I can't find anywhere to talk to someone at ROKU to fix this issue becuase I am afraid they have access to all my billing information. 

I have created a new account under my email for right now so I can post this, but I want someone that can help me cancel that other account and boot them off and close it becuase it has my CC information and can still be used and I see they have already charged. 

Unfortunately there is no phone number or chat for someone to help me right now. 

Please help!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Account Hacked & Email Changed

Jump to solution

The pandemic has made Roku support difficult to reach. Here on the forum, you can send a private message to @RokuDanny-R and they can help you out.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@AnnP 

Thanks for the post.

If the email account that is linked to your Roku device has changed, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

In regards to your account, we would recommend checking the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I change the email address or password for my Roku account?
How do I access my Roku account if I forgot my email address or password?

If you still need further assistance with your account, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I would figure that at least you would have a dedicated email, phone number, or support section for people that are hacked and have security breaches. So far they have charged over $600 on my card and I am trying to cancel the account. I have already canceled my cards to make sure there are no issues going forward.

But you guys really need to respond better when it's matters like this. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

The pandemic has made Roku support difficult to reach. Here on the forum, you can send a private message to @RokuDanny-R and they can help you out.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@stack24 

Thanks for the information.

I have replied to your PM that you have sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My email was changed on my ROKU to one I don't recognize and now I am locked out of my account and ROKU does not answer calls and can't log in for support.   Can anyone advice me what to do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@AnnP wrote:

My email was changed on my ROKU to one I don't recognize and now I am locked out of my account and ROKU does not answer calls and can't log in for support.   Can anyone advice me what to do?

There will be an Roku employee moderator here tomorrow. Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R for assistance. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@AnnP 

Thanks for the post.

If the email account that is linked to your Roku device has changed, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

In regards to your account, we would recommend checking the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I change the email address or password for my Roku account?
How do I access my Roku account if I forgot my email address or password?

If you still need further assistance with your account, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R Are you able to help with a hacked account? I can provide details but not sure I should do that in a forum. I have our old account info as well as the email of the person who hacked and changed account info.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Robinof 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend following the steps provided in my previous post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Help!!!

0 Kudos