Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Accidentally purchased subscription

Jump to solution

@gregorycabrera 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Marachito
Level 7

Accidentally purchased subscription

Jump to solution

My daughter somehow bought a year of Disney+ channel for $69.99 today. Is there a way to cancel and be refunded the money, as we don't need this channel. It would not matter to me in another time but now i'm unemployed. Roku Express (3900 series)  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Marachito 

Thanks for the post.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Blev323
Level 8

Accidental Subscription Purchase

Jump to solution

My daughter was just playing with the Roku remote and accidentally jidt purchased ESPN+ for $49.99. I canceled the subscription within minutes, but it says I will have access to/will be charged the $49.99 until this date a year from now.

I contacted Roku support via email, but does anybody know how to ensure that I will not be charged for this? Thanks

0 Kudos
Victors
Level 8

Re: Accidental Subscription Purchase

Jump to solution

There's another thread about this but the exact same thing happened to me. I'll repeat my message on that thread here because it is very similar to yours:

I think this happened to me as well. My one year old daughter was playing with the remote (with the TV off) and the next thing I know, I got an email that I had signed up for ESPN+! When I emailed customer support, they told me I couldn't cancel!

Customer services' snarky "you should have set up a PIN" response is not helpful either. When the route for signing up for a $50 service is so easy that a child could accidentally do it with the TV off, I think it's criminal to say that we can't get refunded for accidental charges.

Blev323
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for your insight and repeated reply. I thought the exact same thing. I was stunned at how easy it was. She literally had the remote in her hand pressing buttons for less than a minute. The fact that they said it is non-refundable is a joke. I’m positive this is not the only two times this has happened

Victors
Level 8

Jump to solution

Customer support agreed to process a refund (over email) so this is resolved for me. Thank you, Roku support! I hope you are able to get this resolved as well, @Blev323 

0 Kudos
Blev323
Level 8

Jump to solution

I will try via email as well. Thanks so much for the help and keeping me in the loop! Good work!

0 Kudos
Jrrowns2
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi I accidentally purchased a espn subscription. I cancelled immediately but was still charged. [personal information removed]

roku serial number is YH00D0148201

0 Kudos
ereshkigal
Level 7

Jump to solution

I see no clear way to reach a human there. 

I signed up on my Roku TV to a page offering a "Free 7 day DC Universe trial", expecting to be charged for  a month on the fourth of July. 

I've just been charged $7.99. Not only is it inconvenient for me to have been charged now based on incorrect information, it is important to me to be be billed for all my Roku accounts on the same date, as I thought the EULA stated I would be.

0 Kudos