Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Accidentally purchased subscription

My kids somehow bought a month of boomerang channel for $39.99 today. Is there a way to cancel and be refunded the money, as we don't need this channel. I've never bought or canceled any subscriptions on the Roku.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Accidentally purchased subscription

[title changed to denote issue]

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team follow up to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Accidentally purchased subscription

Can this be reversed? She didn't know what she was doing and my credit card has a pending charge :/

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team follow up to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have emailed you the information you requested. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

NO REFUND

I will never trust Roku again.. their customer service is TERRIBLE!! i’ve been trying to get a refund because my 1 year old son accidentally purchased a 50$ EPSN subscription and now my bank account is in the negative!!! I can’t even afford diapers for my son because THEY WONT GIVE ME AN EMAIL BACK AND HAVE ME WAITING ON THE PHONE FOR HOURS AND SOMEHOW I CANT REACH AN AGENT.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: NO REFUND

@ciccaclark 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

For account, billing or order related issues, please contact our support team directly here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Free Trial

I signed up for a free trial for Showtime a few weeks ago for 7 days.  Cancelled before it would charge me.  I checked again today ON Roku.com and I was logged in, and it offered another free trial of 3 days.  I signed up, and then noticed a few hours later I was being charged.  I contacted Customer Service, and they told me I already used the free trial.  I told them I know that, but why did it offer another one- they said it was only for new users.  I asked them why it was offered to me, again, and said I need to contact Showtime about getting my money back as the charges go directly to them, despite receiving a ROKU invoice.  I argued back and forth, and the guy didn't get it, but is sending it to their billing department, as I don't want to sign up or pay, just a free trial.  I contacted Showtime, and they have no knowledge of this, as ROKU is responsible and gets the money.  So what is it ROKU, are you responsible or not?  Just refund my money, it's been a few hours since I signed up!

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Free Trial

@dtaylor3670 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

For account, billing or order related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, and select 'managing your order': https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Free Trial

I did reach out to you, as per my post.  I want a refund, it was purchased ON Roku, and Roku issued an invoice, today.  It's been less than 8 hours, so it shouldn't be that difficult.