Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nadnbob
Reel Rookie

AMC Channel Not Requested

I saw the ad to try out the AMC channel with Roku but I never agreed to it. Now they are telling me to cancel so as not to be billed. I DID NOT ASK FOR THIS. How dare you threaten to bill me for something I never agreed to  sample in the first place. Very deceitful and underhanded of your company!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: AMC Channel Not Requested

I suggest you add a PIN to your Roku account and cancel the subscription at https://my.roku.com .  It's far too easy to inadvertently sign up for things on Roku devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Nadnbob
Reel Rookie

I DID NOT inadvertently sign up for the AMC package. If opening up an email to read automatically signs me up for what is offered in the email, then Roku is guilty of phishing, scamming, stealing from its customers. I should not need a Pin to protect me. I appreciate you taking the time to opine on this issue but I feel it does not apply to the subject.
# inadvertently sign up, # add a PIN

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

If that's the way you think you got signed up, you might want to go into your account and under "Communication center" uncheck "Emails with product tips, the latest releases, hot new channels, and customer exclusive discounts".  I've had that unchecked for many years and never received an email like that.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Nadnbob wrote:

I saw the ad to try out the AMC channel with Roku but I never agreed to it. Now they are telling me to cancel so as not to be billed.  ...

Who is "they" and how are they telling you? Via email?

On your Roku device, go to Settings > System > About

See the email address?

Now, on a Web browser, go to https://my.roku.com and log in using that email address. From there, click the Manage your subscriptions page. Do you see a subscription there? If so, and it's not something you authorized, cancel it. If there is nothing there, then you don't have a subscription.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Alfredo-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @Nadnbob, thanks for bringing this to our attention!

We understand how frustrating that can be. We're more than glad to look into this subscription for you. 

We'll be sending you a DM to gather more information. Please be on the lookout for us. 

0 Kudos
Nadnbob
Reel Rookie

I will be removing all email preferences but just to answer your question, noreply@Roku was who emailed me informing me of my “new subscription” so “they” is Roku.  It’s sad that the public has to be extra careful and vigilant of instances where our providers can so easily sneak an unsolicited charge into our accounts.  

0 Kudos