Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

30 day free trials for the "Home Together" promotions are only giving 7 days when using the link

Jump to solution

I click (for both Epix and Showtime) the 30 day free trial via the Home Together program and on the last page before I sign up it says it's a 7 day free trial.  How can this be corrected?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: 30 day free trials for the "Home Together" promotions are only giving 7 days when usin

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note! Our team has investigated and these pages should now reflect the appropriate free trial period when you are subscribing on web. Please let us know if you notice any others that have any incongruent information. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: 30 day free trials for the "Home Together" promotions are only giving 7 days when usin

Jump to solution

@ron92646 Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to help take a closer look. Where are you clicking the link from in order to subscribe? Could you please provide the web address (URL) for the page that you are clicking the link from, as well as the page that you are seeing the 7-day description on? If you could also share a screenshot, that would be helpful too.  

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

The following is the web address (and screen shot showing both Epix and Showtime offers) from the link in the "Home Together" email that shows Epix and Showtime offers of a 30 day free trial.  (It's the same for Epix).

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/?utm_source=organic_social&utm_medium=rokublog

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 6.46.29 AM.png

The following is the screenshot after I click on "showtime start your 30 day free trial".

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 6.49.55 AM.png

The following is the next screen after clicking "start your 30 day free trial".  Notice the option of a 7 day free trial for both showtime and starz.

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 6.52.15 AM.png

The following screen is after I click on the "start your 30 day free trial. You can see in the "subscription terms" that it's a 7 day free trial even though I clicked on the 30 day free trial every screen before that.

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 6.54.51 AM.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@ron92646  Thanks for sending those details over! I'll share this with the team to take a look and see what we can do to get that page updated accordingly. 

One note though, in reference to the bundled subscription offer you mentioned, the bundle is not one of the 30-day offers—they are for standalone subscriptions only. That free trial offer is a separate offer, which offers a user bundled price savings for those two subscriptions after the initial 7 day free trial. You would want to sign up individually for the 30-day free trials. 

Please stay tuned. I will provide further updates when I hear back from our team. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I DID NOT choose the 7 day bundle.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@ron92646  Understood—thank you for clarifying! The team is investigating the other issue you described related to the 30-day free trials. I will provide further updates when I hear back. 

Thanks,
Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had the same issue trying to subscribe to Shout TV and Acorn TV.  The 30 day period turned into a 7 day period.  Seemed a bit like a bait and switch, but I would hope they wouldn't do that particularly under current circumstances.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with Disney+. I clicked ordered the 30 day free trial through the app on my TV. The confirmation email I received said it is a 7 Day free trial. So which do I trust: the link I clicked or the email I received. I am hoping it is a case of some automated confirmation email that has not been properly updated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Cameo2  Thanks for reaching out. Disney+ is not currently offering a 30 day free trial. You can see the list of channel partners that we are currently offering 30-day free trials for inside 'The Roku Channel' here: https://blog.roku.com/home-together

For more information about Disney+, their current offers or promotions, you can contact Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I guess I hope we don't confuse the issue with the Disney + situation.  The channels that you did say would be free for 30 days, show when it comes to the payment page, that it is a 7 day trial.  If you only intended a 7 day trial that is fine, just don't call it a 30 day trial.

0 Kudos