Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

3 month Hulu trial: Sorry we encountered an error processing payment

I activated a new Roku on 12/4 and after trying to go through the process of enrolling in the 3 month trial as per email promo. I am receiving the error described in the subject. I have already updated the Roku payment method and it worked fine for the other partnered promo (Pandora Premium).  Had lengthy hold times followed by pointless transfers and finally a "3-way call between Roku, Hulu and myself' which didn't go well. The Roku rep hung up and the Hulu rep said it's something only Roku can fix.

I was advised via chat to remove the channel & add it back but got the same result.

Any ideas? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 7

Re: 3 month Hulu trial: Sorry we encountered an error processing payment

Roku billing said it's a technical issue. Technical said it's a billing issue. Hulu said it's a Roku issue!

Roku asserted that they (Roku) can't implement the promo manually. Hulu said it's Roku's promo and only Roku can implement it.

Day two: this was resolved in a 2nd conference call beetween, myself, Roku and Hula via a 'workaround' by Hulu.

0 Kudos