Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

$2500 in Roku charges bankrupted my family of six in a single day

Jump to solution

88AEA04E-F55B-4D06-82DB-1BC3C2B4AE09.pngCA1E4341-6BEF-4A4A-BBC1-527BF08034FC.png0D489B0E-79D8-4A5E-A6F6-31282CA50B17.png8ACA3D41-0C45-4FF8-A14C-F5D1E3C7EB4A.pngD3EB18AA-8B66-4458-A4E2-F73EFE7DD23B.pngB11D3560-6F24-44D5-ACF9-0E263EC73025.pngMy purchase history is normally non existent. Recieve $2500 in charges in a single day. I have four small children. This bankrupted us. We will have to find a new place to live. They've emptied my account and put me several hundred dollars in debt. Roku has been off no help. We notified them of the problem before the money had been with completely withdrawn but they have made no efforts to help us. Our lives have never taken such damage. What purchase could possibly be worth $400 on Roku??? And why would they not help? I recieve the same form email telling me tough luck with every inquiry. We just watched five years of savings and several months of future rent disappear. Somebody help us, please. Please.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: $2500 in Roku charges bankrupted my family of six in a single day

Jump to solution

@joshdela 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would highly recommend setting up a Roku PIN on your account to avoid any unwanted purchases in the future. For more information about setting up a PIN, visit our Support page here: How do I create or update the PIN for my Roku account?

In regards to the charges on your account, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: $2500 in Roku charges bankrupted my family of six in a single day

Jump to solution

@joshdela 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would highly recommend setting up a Roku PIN on your account to avoid any unwanted purchases in the future. For more information about setting up a PIN, visit our Support page here: How do I create or update the PIN for my Roku account?

In regards to the charges on your account, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos