Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ducccky73
Reel Rookie

Foreign language in email

i received a Spanish email from Roku today.  now my Roku is specified to be in English.  i found no where for emails to be in English only.  near as i can tell on this email from Roku is that it is some advertisement for a Latino channel.  now why on earth would i need a Latino channel when a) i live in Minnesota and b) i don't speak Spanish at all.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: foreign language in email

Hey @ducccky73, we can see how getting emails in a different language would be frustrating. We would love to look into this issue further. We will be reaching out to you via private message to collect screenshots of the issue as well as account information so we can investigate. Please be on the lookout for a message from us. 

0 Kudos
ducccky73
Reel Rookie

this happened again.  i got an email in Spanish today.  i live in MN and i never learned Spanish.  this is irritating to say the least.  my settings on the roku tv and in my account are to be in English so i don't understand why i'm getting these Spanish emails.

0 Kudos
Genxe92m3

I am also getting emails in Spanish.  My Roku is set up for English, but I continue to get Spanish emails. Very irritating and would like to see English emails. 

ducccky73
Reel Rookie

ever since i reported it on mine and sent them a screenshot of what i was getting, i haven't gotten any more in another language.  mine have been coming just in English now.  i would suggest you do the same thing on yours and hopefully you get it resolved like i did on mine.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Genxe92m3

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If you are receiving Spanish emails from Roku despite having your device set up for English, there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

• Log in to your Roku account on a web browser and go to the "My Account" section. Check that your language preference is set to English.
  • Check the language settings on your device. To do this, go to "Settings" > "System" > "Language" on your Roku device and make sure that the language is set to English.
  • Check your email settings to ensure that emails are not being automatically translated into Spanish. If you use a web-based email client like Gmail or Yahoo, you may need to adjust the language settings in your email account.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos