Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StewedRok
Reel Rookie

can't purchase an online product empty trolley

Jump to solution

I am trying to make an online purchase. I get an " item in trolley" icon but when I go to checkout nothing is there. Can you purchase online from outside USA?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: can't purchase an online product empty trolley

Jump to solution

@StewedRok 

Before we start, understand that not all devices are sold in every one of the 17 countries in which Roku has an official presence.

Next, understand that if you are not in a supported country, then Roku doesn't sell there. At the bottom of the Roku home page is a language/country selector. If you're not in one of those, then you're not in a supported region, and no online sales.

If all that determines you're in a supported region, clear all browser cookies related to "roku"

Then, go to https://roku.com/ and log in. Ensure the country at the bottom of the page is set correctly.

Then, you should be able to browse for purchases, and where they do ship, add items to the shopping cart. Some items (and for some countries, all items) have links to retailers rather than direct sales. For those, Roku does not sell direct or ship there.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@StewedRok 

Before we start, understand that not all devices are sold in every one of the 17 countries in which Roku has an official presence.

Next, understand that if you are not in a supported country, then Roku doesn't sell there. At the bottom of the Roku home page is a language/country selector. If you're not in one of those, then you're not in a supported region, and no online sales.

If all that determines you're in a supported region, clear all browser cookies related to "roku"

Then, go to https://roku.com/ and log in. Ensure the country at the bottom of the page is set correctly.

Then, you should be able to browse for purchases, and where they do ship, add items to the shopping cart. Some items (and for some countries, all items) have links to retailers rather than direct sales. For those, Roku does not sell direct or ship there.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
StewedRok
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you.

New Zealand doesn't appear on that list. So I guess it is no.

Strange though that we got our first Roku from our ISP when we signed up as part of the deal and have really enjoyed using it. It certainly is the best product of its type. Then I got a replacement Roku. I was hoping to upgrade to a sound bar Roku.

So I suppose new Zealand must be off the list now.

Thanks for answering my question.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same here how can you order something ? My streaming device does not work anymore would like to purchase a new one.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I give up getting anywhere on this site all I wanted to buy a new streaming stick and remote.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm a resident of the United States and already have a device that is broken You emailed me telling you've missed me so I thought I would order a two new devices ,but can't seem to get a full cart.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@StewedRok 

I recall Roku entering into an agreement in your area (honestly, I thought it was in Australia, but there's the whole rest of the world not keeping the countries straight nonsense you endure all the time) with a provider some time back. I don't know if that's still in place. Roku entered the UK in a similar way, partnering with a provider before expanding fully (well, mostly) into the market.

If providers are still providing Roku-powered boxes, then it may be that a bigger presence is in the future. You'd probably know better than I would about that.

If Roku does end up selling there soon, I will say that I like my Streambar, and particularly the Streambar Pro (the Roku part is the same, but the Pro is a better sounding device).

DBDukes

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@bevricearoni123 wrote:

I'm a resident of the United States and already have a device that is broken You emailed me telling you've missed me so I thought I would order a two new devices ,but can't seem to get a full cart.

This is the user support forum. We're Roku users, although you will see a Roku moderator here from time to time. Just letting you know about your audience.

If you're in the USA, and the cart won't fill, or orders place, you may need to do some browser maintenance.

First, remove all cookies containing "roku" then close your browser. Then shut your computer down (don't just restart it, shut it down). Then after 30 seconds or so, power up and log in to the Roku Website. You should be able to use the cart.

If not, you may have a browser extension interfering. Turn those off.

If it still doesn't work, give us info about your system (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc, and version; browser and version).

Oh, and make sure you aren't using a VPN.

And one thing more: unless Roku sent you a coupon for a special price on a device, you can probably find a Roku device locally if you're in driving distance of a Walmart, Best Buy, Target, or one of several retailers. They usually offer the same prices on items, if Roku is running a sale. Sometimes, they'll even have better prices, sometimes only pennies, in the case of Walmart, but sometimes more.

DBDukes

0 Kudos