Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Njturnbull

Why do I have to add Payment when setting up roku?

Jump to solution

Why is it necessary to put in my payment information when setting up roku? I don’t intend to make any purchases and I can’t continue until I do. If I want to make a purchase I can do that later.

It leads me to believe that it’s an untrustworthy service and infuriates me as a customer who’s already paid for the product.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why do I have to add Payment when setting up roku?

Jump to solution

Hi @Njturnbull,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Upon setting up your Roku account, we’ll ask you to put a credit card number or payment method on file to make it easy to pay for any subscriptions or rentals.

For more information about the advantages of adding a payment method, visit our Support page here: Why is a payment method required when creating a Roku account? | Official Roku Support

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why do I have to add Payment when setting up roku?

Jump to solution

Hi @Njturnbull,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Upon setting up your Roku account, we’ll ask you to put a credit card number or payment method on file to make it easy to pay for any subscriptions or rentals.

For more information about the advantages of adding a payment method, visit our Support page here: Why is a payment method required when creating a Roku account? | Official Roku Support

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos