Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Charges to my bank acct out of the blue. Not approved by me

I got charged for Roku in bank acct. I have not authorized any roku charges. I have a roku tv but was under the impression that buying the tv was the charge. I don’t use the roku channel. Ever. Can u explain charges and reimburse for this?  Fix my acct? I’m not sure I even gave you a banking info

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why Charges to my bank acct out of the blue. Not approved by me

If you never gave Roku your banking information then they couldn't have charged you.  Nonetheless, you can check your subscriptions and purchases at https://my.roku.com .   If nothing shows there then it's likely you're a victim of a scam and you should contact your financial institution and report it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
andyross
Roku Guru

Please post EXACTLY what the bill says. Some services allow billing through Roku and I think that is noted on the bill. You may have, possibly by accident, accessed a service that requires a subscription.

Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Joisullivan, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We understand unrecognized charges on your account can be concerning. We're here to help.

We'll send you a PM shortly to collect more information so we can assist you best! Keep an eye out for us in your inbox.

0 Kudos
Katalin16

Is it impossible to unsubscribe without email?

Is there an email address or phone number where we can request help?

My friends grandkids clicked on an old account, reactivated it now she is being charged for the second time and overdrawn. Does not remember the email password so we need help!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is it impossible to unsubscribe without email?

@Katalin16, what you're saying doesn't really make sense.  You can't just "click on an old account" and reactivate it.  Maybe @Natan-Roku would like to take a look since he offered to help Joisullivan.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Is it impossible to unsubscribe without email?

Hi @Katalin16, we'll be happy to help you out here!

Here's an article that explains how to proceed after forgetting your password:

https://support.roku.com/article/208755948

After resetting your password, you should be able to log in at my.roku.com and manage your subscriptions from there.

For further help, we would need to work with the account owner. You can have them contact us here or via DM on socials like Twitter or Facebook.

Thanks.

0 Kudos